DHZ 160r Outlaw. You beauty

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHZ_XR8cing

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Well guys and girls.. After many hours of thinking i had to make up my mind Pitster pro X4r or DHZ 160r Outlaw and Im extremely pleased I went with the DHZ. Thanks to all those that lead me that way with their advice;
I Drove to sydney to pick it up this morning.Got home at about 2pm. Got to putting it together. What a fantastic machine to look at. Took a fair bit to get it started. Think the valve clearances are out. Once it started it idled great.
I idled areound slowly for abit to warm it up and make sure it was all ok then i started giving it some I could not believe it. What a machine. Blew me away how much grunbt it has. The brakes are awsome. Suspension is in a world of its own and the general feel overall of the bike is brilliant.
I am a very pleased owner of my 2nd DHZ and will continue with them without a doubt. My next step is the TB V2 head,V35 cam and 26mm OKO. I have no idea what im up for with changing the head over but ill find out in a few hours. Any pointers or hints would be very much appreciated.

im sure you already have done this or you should atleast know this, but dont forget to thro new oil in it, dont want it seizing now do we... just a friendly reminder!!!

and from experiance on my z160, LOCTITE will be your bestfriend!!
hav fun champ

Thanks guys. I stripped it and greased and loctite everything before i put it together and dropped the oil as soon as it was all together. There was plenty of loose bolts. The exhaust nuts on the header were all but off. Anything I should be careful of when changing the head and cam to the v2 and s35???
After racing on the weekend ill do a review of it all.

Make sure you do the valves on the V2 head, I can't believe you didn't do them on the stock head :S

Aside from that, get some pics up :)

didnt do the valves because i only rode it for bout 10 minutes then its in the shed to get the v2 head. will post pics next week.

My advice is LOCK IT UP very well my dhz outlaw 160R got stolen not long after i got it two days to be exact

So a dirty big chain is my best advice

and a oko 26mm and the v2 head really are the way to go man:cheeky-smiley-031:

thanks turbo. ill be locking it up real good. in my room i think. I cant wait to see wat the v2 and oko do to it

so will we be seeing it at cessnock on saturday,will you have it run in by? then,could always run it in in practice, looking forward too checking it out

i highly reccomend not running a motor in in practise...

my mate tried that and hes gear box/shift drum wasnt too happy with him..... but then again they could of been factory problems but i still highly reccomend running them correctly and deffinately using a magnetic drain bolt

Yeh ill be running it at cessnock for sure. I got plenty of time to run it in before hand. Ill post pics soon. I aint pilling legs about having one.hehe

im sure you already have done this or you should atleast know this, but dont forget to thro new oil in it, dont want it seizing now do we... just a friendly reminder!!!

and from experiance on my z160, LOCTITE will be your bestfriend!!
hav fun champ
yeah seized engines suck trust me!:eek::thumbdown:
yeah i want pics too!:D

thanks turbo. ill be locking it up real good. in my room i think. I cant wait to see wat the v2 and oko do to it
\

yeah i wanted to keep mine in my room but dad wouldn't let me lol.

but in saying that they would have got it any way coz they broke into my house and stole my helmet,gloves,fox jacket and PS3 so if it was in my room it wouldn't of mattered.

locks,chains and alarms are to keep the honest people out a THIEF WILL ALLWAYS FIND A WAY but you can make it harder for them.

i had the oko, but i put it on straight away so i cant tell you what difference it makes, it went hard as though. next time im getting the oko and v2 straight up there is no such thing a s to much POWER. lol

Its a bummer your gear got knocked off. Id love to see these people get caught in the act and not by the pathetic coppers that do stuff all.Its the owners of the bikes they are stealing that would give these *******s a lesson.

I got my bike going with the v2 no dramas. Still aint got the OKO on it yet. at this stage im more than happy with the performance. It out does my rididng abality for now.

hey mate i saw you and your bike out at the races on the weekend . i spotted your exhaust falling off haha did you get that all sorted ? other than that how was the bike ? like handling etc .

yeh the exhaust was definatly a issure from factory.there was meant to be 4 bolts inside that where not there. I bet it was hot to.Glad it was you that picked it up. lol.
The bike goes awsome.I aint a very good rider as you saw but i definatly felt very comfy on it and it handled great.well the suspension did.The factory tyres are shite. I got my scorpions on it now though.
It will take me a while to get used to this bike. when i pulled up at cessnock i had less than a hour on my hour meter since new so i had not ridden it much at all. Ill do a review next week on it to the best of my ability. with some pics aswell.

Latest posts

Back