DHZ DPRO 160 Issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That carbie is definatly the way to go. The oko is easy to tune. Great performance gains and reliable

^ oko +1 chucked one on my bike and so far no more issues and massive performance increase!

like the boys say mate, that is the go, my 26 oko on my 155 is awesome, the fuel delivery is so much better(even had better top end performance)and the bike on a whole just loved it from scratch, no changin jets or mucking around, no flatspots, just a bike that fell in love with its oko, good on DHZ for helping you out as they would, feels a little better now i reckon knowing it will be sorted.

Guess what guys!

I'm pretty sure she's fixed!!

I decided to take to the bike tonight seeing as though I've got nothing to do, I'm home alone, and it's a long weekend.

First of all, I decided to check the valve clearances once and for all.
It appeared as though the Outlet Valve had no clearance what so ever?
So I set that back to 0.004.

Along with this, I ripped out the carby and set the e-clip to smack bang in the middle.

Then after assembling it all, it wouldn't kick over.. you'd get the odd blurp, but it just would NOT start.

When I was talking to Kasey this afternoon, and I suggested possibly mechanical issues, he said "Nah, it won't be anything mechanical if it was running when you first got it.. it'll probably be something electrical".

Having remembered he said this, I decided to double check the electrics, but unfortunately everything looked absolutely normal, so I just gave it all a wiggle.

IT FIRED UP AFTER THAT!!! It turns out, the two cables that go in to the spark plug lead were actually not 100% contacting, so it seems as though the spark plug wasn't sparking correctly!

Now, this is the main part solved, and I am absolutely stoked!
Next thing to look at, is that first of all, the very start of the exhaust pipe (Where the manifold bends out of the engine) it glows a bright orange when running.. surely this is too hot? Would this be caused by a lean engine?

Second of all, I can hear a very soft air popping sort of noise every now and again whilst running it. Tomorrow morning I'm going to go around the bike and double check that all gaskets and manifolds are sealed correctly, but I'm open to ideas!

And finally, when I'm starting the bike, every now and again it makes kind of an oil 'blurp' pop, which appears to be coming from the fuel filter (carby) or the front of the cam somewhere. Again, I'll double check all seals tomorrow morning, but any ideas?

That's about it from me!
Until tomorrow, I won't be able to make any changes, but I'll keep you posted!

(SO HAPPY!)

Good on ya mate. well done on giving it a go.
Sounds like you have a leak where the exhaust bolts to the head maybe. That can make them run lean and hot and the pipe will glow,back fire and shoot flames.

Hmm, it does back fire every once in a while, but it's quite rare, and generally when I decelerate rapidly.

I'll definitely check that though!

cool mate, what an achievement.

She's running like a babe!

Thank you everyone for your support and motivation!
Now I just need to save for a bigger bike - hitting fourth gear, running full throttle and still redlining just doesn't cut it!

Latest posts

Back