dnm hornet oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
Ok so I drained the oil from my forks and I had 160ml on the brake side and 150ml on the other leg so im going to fill it with 5w oil how much should I fell up coz 150/160ml seams a little

This is how much of the original oil I got out of my brand new DNM's
I chucked in the same amount of oil, but 5W instead, and they sit beautifully

Forkoil.jpg

How much of a difference does a fork oil change make in these forks? Im fairly happy with them as they were from new... so is an oil change noticeable to fork perfomance?

Also, anyone had anything to do with re-valving these things?
braaap Fork Valving Kit DNM

Just interested to hear what difference this would make...seems expensive for a few small parts... about the same price as i paid for the whole fork setup!

How much of a difference does a fork oil change make in these forks? Im fairly happy with them as they were from new... so is an oil change noticeable to fork perfomance?

Also, anyone had anything to do with re-valving these things?
braaap Fork Valving Kit DNM

Just interested to hear what difference this would make...seems expensive for a few small parts... about the same price as i paid for the whole fork setup!

Changing the oil make a noticeable difference. If you over 80kg's, going to 7.5w fork oil is a great cheap way to get a slighlty better action out of the forks.

Never seen those revavling kits. Gotta be careful when it comes to forks. I would get a professional to tune and revalve them for you.

OK, cheers... Im 83kg... and have the compression set at its softest at the moment... was thinking of going 5W and turning up the compression so I had some room to move with adjutment...

The valving kit was really just a question to see if anyone knows what actual benefits youd get..

Heres something I found that used to be on the braaap site.. it seems to be taken down now...
Revalving DNM M-200

Theyve got these forks really cheap at the moment for $300...

Man thats cheap, I recently canged mine from 5w to 10w to take it to wakefield and it deffinately made a difference, i am thinking i will go back to the 5w soon ALSO I found they were much better with 200ml rather than 235ml.

lol im 60kg and I have 5w oil in them and set to softest, they are a stiff fork lol

lol im 60kg and I have 5w oil in them and set to softest, they are a stiff fork lol

Try Red Line clear like water fork oil at 200ml. It is very light & redline is the most accurate to the wt listed. Some brands say 5 wt and test at 10-15. Not much consistency in fork oil weights.
That worked to lighten mine. Much cheaper & easier than a revalve

Arrrggghh... Just took the front wheel off to put some new fork guard decals on, and my RHS fork leg dropped out! Seems the inner rod has become unscrewed from the top (where you make adjustments)

Guess only one side of the forks was working, and holding the front wheel on the bike!

Anyway, the thread is stuffed, so I have to try and fix it all now, and do the oil while im at it....

Just thought I would put this on this thread, to tell people to check its all tight inside the fork.. for all I know, they could have been like this since I bought them!!

Geez hopefully you can get it fixed up without to much hassle at least you didn't find out the hard way while 6 foot in the air or something.
There's cheap black labels on eBay at the moment if you can't get it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nothing worse than a stiff fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OK, now I got them back together, but the RHS fork leg is so hard.. even on the softest setting with the same amount of oil in it.. Any suggestions on what I should do?

sounds like one of the ports in the valves are blocked up ?

Latest posts

Back