Don't ya just hate it when....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snaptrax

Miniriders.com Sponsored Rider & Master Spanner Sp
Reaction score
Hey guys

Ok so i brought myself a nice 97 Suzuki RMX 250 2 smoker for 650. It did need a new piston and a new sleeve but hey for 1000 i would have a nice bike.
And i thought because its not a road register able bike that it wouldn't be in the vic roads system.
Well turns out it was stolen 2 years ago. So called the police and its now with them and im out of pocket 650. :mad:

So moral of the story check the vin number even if the bike is unregistable and the vin and everything is still visible on the bike.

So sorry to hear that mate, that sucks big time. did you give the cops the details from who you brought it off.

oh that sucks dude did you go back to the person you brought it off

Thanks guys
Naa just went straight to the cops and gave them the guys phone number and address. I can't remember his name at all.

But i found out that if it was an insurence claim i will most likely get it back as the companys have no use for bikes. But il have to pay like 250 to get it back which il do as i want it back.
There where so many good things on it renthal gold bars, Brand new dunlop tyres, keihin carby and a tonne of other stuff.

yeah maybe i will start checking vins before i buy bikes aswell

Moral of the story, if you plan to register the bike (ever) get a revs check, hell it's only $8 these days... But yea bad luck mate, lets hope the cops give it back to ya.

Yeah that sucks for shore.
Done the right thing buy handing back to police and telling them info that you had on motorcycle so they make note n hoplefully catch arcehole that stole it in first place. :)

Wish you best in geting bike back! Have some fun going out riding then :)

Moral of the story, if you plan to register the bike (ever) get a revs check, hell it's only $8 these days... But yea bad luck mate, lets hope the cops give it back to ya.
for every bike get it checked.. makes it much much less profitable to sell a stolen bike usually

Wow, that's a kick in the nuts,

Had a similar problem with a car I bought a few years back, wasn't registered or anything so just had it for a project car, got it cheap as. Anyway few months down the track I was going to go get a unreged permit for it but thought I'd better get a check on it first, turned out it had been reported stolen just before I bought it, car got taken off me and given back to the owner, gave the police the details of who I bought it off and he gave me all false details hahah, gotta be careful these days I guess

Thanks guys,

Well i took it to the police and the guy there in charge of stolen goods said there is a chance i will get it back.
If it was an insurense claim i should get it back. Because aparrently if the guy that had it stolen was paid for the bike. the bike is now the insurense companys but the police said they will give it back but i will have to pay for the costs to get all the info on it.
The guy that sold it to me will be aressted and charged with selling stolen goods and if i don't get the bike back he will be made to pay me back the $650.

So im just hoping i get the bike back or even the money actully.
Well i will keep you guys up to date on this situation.

Cheers for all the support
Zach

good to see our laws and legislations work, thats not always the case... its been a pretty good outcome so far

Yea so fingers crossed i get it back

hey snaptrax I know this thread was built for you to vent! But would you mind if we turned it into something we could all share in?
Its got such a catchy title?:banana:

Haha yea sure cordogs

How would you like me to go about this?

Nothing pal! We'll just leave it as is...
People will just reply as the top suggests!

Now that you've kicked it off I'll second it with.

Don't you just hate it when. -

Your in a 110 kmh zone and everyone's doin 95!

Cops go down a side street you took to avoid them... and then dont even turn on there lights and leave you alone

Don't you hate it when you go to wash your bike and realize you've only got one butt plug but two pipes. Time to get a second butt plug.
Nothing suss...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Brendo: HAHAHA. time to go get another one can you get a dual one?

Latest posts

Back