drz not starting?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossetti

Reaction score
Hey guys, ahh here's my story, drz 400e basically wat happened is had bp fuel in all good, filled up at shell, then she's started to cough a bit, then comin home from a mates started normally all fine, then bout 200m up the road its just coughed spluttered the whole way home, basically wouldn't go at all, got home left it started next day ran fine, then got home later and won't start at all, check spark, carb, timing.. And still nothing.. Any ideas? Thanks.

Water in petrol from the petrol station probably. Try to go to a new (ish) petrol station because the underground tanks will be newer and won't leak. Alternatively, go to a servo on a hill if possible/

Drain your carby and tank and see how it runs then. Also make sure your breather pipe on the fuel cap isnt twisted. My friend on his crf490x filled up did same thing then noticed that the line was twisted and no worries. because when its twisted it doesnt let the fuel flow properly....

Ahk yeah did thenew fuel thing and same. But will try breather tomoro cheers.

clean the carb out mate, my guess is you have a some crap floating around in the carb..
i recon the rest of your story is just coincidence.

That's just the thing I cleaned it out probs a week before..

The fact you cleaned it out a week before makes no difference mate you may have some stray shit in the bottom of your tank.
Remove the tank and drain it and rinse the tank out with some fresh fuel,re clean your carby and before you reinstall the carb turn the fuel tap back on and allow some fuel to run through to make sure the fuel line is also clear of debree.While youre at it chuck in a new plug and clean your air filter and this will eliminate all the small things that can factor in.

Yeah still have done all that, its just weird.. Dunno wats wrong with it ay

is this bike a kick start and e start model or only e start...

maybe the battery doesnt have good enough charge to turn it over fast enough...

wouldnt hurt to run over all the wiring and make sure it has a good earth on the coil to the frame...

but yeah seems weird that your having this problem if you have done all the basics..

Ahh she's only e start, had the battery on charge so enough juice in it, tried bump starting but still nothing, old man said maybe cam chain slipped but checked that all good, basically wat its doing now is every time I go to start it it turns over but no fire and after a while it backfires obvs cause fuel aint igniting and builds up, dunno why's its not igniting though I got pleanty of spark goin through the plug..

Ill go over the wiring tomoro arvy or somethin otherwise probs have to take it somewhere to get checked out...

ok so you have a brand new plug? if not replace it..

are you using the choke and not the hot start?

when was the valve clearance checked last?

has the stator been tested?

seems you have major issues, but i recon your overlooking something that is right in front of you..

Yes new plug, doesn't have hot start and yea beent tryin choke on/off, ahh never been done haha but I know they're still alright because the day the bike stuffed up it started no probs next day, nah stator hasn't been tested but pretty sure its fine, im still getting very strong spark, and was running when battery was dead, mm I hope its something stupidly simple lol

Nah did for the jets but put the carb unit itself in fuel and slushed it around abit

Last edited:
ok well that may be your problem, sometimes sht gets stuck in good and needs a good blowing out with air..
remove everything possible and blow the hell out of it

Latest posts

Back