fastace forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon he means just the top plate that clamps the bars to the risers,a mate of mine got a set of AS02's last week and everything went on sweet until putting on top plate and found that it was about 10mm less side to side than where the risers were.So basicly you could put bolts in either left or right side but opposite side holes are about 5mm out of line.Either they are from a different model fork(and accidently mis-packaged) or someone stuffed up big time during machining and made 'em too small.I have heard of about 3-4 sets like that now????!!!

Brian at maylands where he got forks is onto it and it will be sorted.

A couple of options are to get the right top plate resupplied,slightly modify top crown and move risers in a bit,cut top plate(if your absolutely desperate to ride) through the middle(unfortunately straight through lovely fastace logo) and have individual clamps,or have new top plate/clamps machined up.

Goose is talking about my forks all bolts up but handlebar clamp {READ NOT TRIPLE CLAMP:eek: } this is 4mm out
you know the part that secures handlebars to the risers that top plate

THIS FORUM IS FOR GETTING THE RIGHT INFORMATION NOT READING BETWEEN THE LINES AND ASSUME SHE'LL BE RIGHT MATE.:mad:

ASSUME = ASS U ME:p

so are the as01's that maylands/ east 50s sell genuine? theyd wanna b 4 $500 or whatever they charge!!

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO HAVE A LOOK
WHILE YOUR THERE ASK BRIAN HE WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU NEED 2 ASK

GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO HAVE A LOOK
WHILE YOUR THERE ASK BRIAN HE WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU NEED 2 ASK

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

incase u hadnt noticed this is a forum where u ask questions!!!!!!!!!

im not gonna go and drive for over an hour to go look at some forks to see if their genuine when i can just ask 1 of the cluey guys on here!!!!

Goose is talking about my forks all bolts up but handlebar clamp {READ NOT TRIPLE CLAMP:eek: } this is 4mm out
you know the part that secures handlebars to the risers that top plate

THIS FORUM IS FOR GETTING THE RIGHT INFORMATION NOT READING BETWEEN THE LINES AND ASSUME SHE'LL BE RIGHT MATE.:mad:

ASSUME = ASS U ME:p

I can't see what you don't understand .......... IF the "top plate" you got with your forks is the genuine Fast Ace bar clamp with the Fast Ace logo on it and it doesn't fit ...... then your triple clamps are not genuine Fast Ace clamps ...... it's quite friggin' simple .......... all the holes are drilled by precision machinery ....... not by hand .........

I've seen a lot of sellers who skimp out and substitute the genuine Fast Ace AS-02 forged triple clamps with el cheapo triple clamps ............

Last edited:
I can't see what you don't understand .......... IF the "top plate" you got with your forks is the genuine Fast Ace bar clamp with the Fast Ace logo on it and it doesn't fit ...... then your triple clamps are not genuine Fast Ace clamps ...... it's quite friggin' simple .......... all the holes are drilled by precision machinery ....... not by hand .........

I've seen a lot of sellers who skimp out and substitute the genuine Fast Ace AS-02 forged triple clamps with el cheapo triple clamps ............

Question is ,could it be that for some reason the top plate is for a different model ie:AS01's or AS03's or something and made a different size?
Maybe someone who has access to all 3 could make a side by side comparison and settle it once and for all.
It sort of makes sense in theory that AS03's might have a smaller top crown and plate considering that they run smaller diameter stanchions,but only being able to look at them side by side in the flesh will tell.

Question is ,could it be that for some reason the top plate is for a different model ie:AS01's or AS03's or something and made a different size?
Maybe someone who has access to all 3 could make a side by side comparison and settle it once and for all.
It sort of makes sense in theory that AS03's might have a smaller top crown and plate considering that they run smaller diameter stanchions,but only being able to look at them side by side in the flesh will tell.

.....and again...there is nothing like a AS01 !!! and they are running all 38mm Stanchions..!!

Last edited:
hey pitpro, ive recently done a whole frame conversion and everything i was originally going to ust change my forks on my bike but the bearings didnt fit into my old frame ( gooseneck) so i changed it all and im now running the fast ace as02 i believe they are a top fork as they come with tapered bearings and have the comp/rebound adjusters you should give them ago.

It makes sense in THEORY but not in reality once you check the Fast Ace site out ........ AS-01 / AS-02 / AS-03 ALL have totally different triple clamps ...... and ALL the other forks are made for big bikes which have a wider stanchion spacing .....

Fastace

Classic example of a seller who has switched clamps for cheaper crap :

eBay Motors: Fast Ace AS02 Pit Bike Forks for KLX110 DRZ110 CRF50 (item 330199367844 end time Dec-29-07 09:26:44 PST)

Another seller who has swapped the clamps over to cheap crap :

eBay Motors: HondaXR 50 CRF50 FAST ACE UPSIDE DOWN FORKS CRF/XR 50 (item 230205030312 end time Dec-25-07 19:31:50 PST)

Pic of the Genuine AS-03's but with the stock alloy pin replaced by a steel pin :

http://home.exetel.com.au/miumiuxuxu1/DB/fa2007d.jpg

As you can see .... Genuine AS-03's have straight upper and lower clamps and the top bar clamps are in 2 pieces PLUS they have a solid alloy steering pin just like on genuine AS-02's ...... to suit 41 O/D CRF50 bearings ........ only one knob on one side works ....... the other side is an ornamental dummy that does zilch .........sweet FA .........(and NO that doesn't stand for Fast Ace)

Pic of the genuine unaltered AS-03's :

http://www.cheappitbike.com/imfastff1sm.jpg

AS-02's have a narrow 53 mm side to side c to c bolt spacing for the bar clamps . The bar riser bolt spacings can't possibly be moved out any wider either due to the design of the forged triple clamp .... the heads of the allen bolts would hit the sides of the forging recesses . DHZ forks have a 79.5 mm bar clamp spacing as a comparison .........

Here's a pic of GENUINE AS-02's showing the stepped down upper triple clamp . The step down makes the forks 20 mm longer than they'd be with straight clamps like AS-01 or AS-03 clamps ..... note the bar risers are thinner at the bottom then step out wider at the top .... they're machined like that to clear the steering stem cap nut since they're so close together .....if your risers look different to those and your clamps aren't stepped down 20 mm ....... then you've been diddled with el cheapo phonies .... END of STORY .........

http://home.exetel.com.au/miumiuxuxu1/DB/fa2007a.jpg

lol look what happens when i bring up as-01's

Hi all!! just wondering if you guys could help!! Im looking at the Fast Ace Forks for my CRF 50!! just wondering if the fast ace forks are any good? do they fit on the CRF with drum brakes? and do you have to stiffer springs or do any other modifications??? thanks

Latest posts

Back