Finish year 12 or not?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stay at school or get an apprenticeship?

• Stay at school and finish year 12

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • leave early and get an apprenticeship

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
hey mate im in yr 10 and im doing a traineeship in concreting this yr and i have been set up with a motorbike apprenticip 4 nxt yr so it is good 2 do wat im doing and get all your blue card and safety certificate and stuff when your in skool then it will create more interest in you or another thing 2 find out about is an in school aprenticip
dont do it lol
im currently working as a bike mechanic awaiting my apprenticeship
i would now much rather have a career in buisness management
but i have no choice leaving school half way thru year 9

i left half way threw year 10 and didnt do tthe skool certificut and now i am starting school again on monday so i can get atleast a year 10 i left at the time i just wasnt listening to anyone and i thort i new what i was doing but leaving half way threw year 10 was a BIG BIG mistake so im going to start year 10 again on monday

i haveto agree with sidney on that one ducar i thort leaving halfway threw year 10 was big no no but year 9 F*** me l0l

yeah but i knew what was best for me so i went and done a tafe course and started working

i old man was 15 when he left school to work in the comonwelth bank in swan hill
he is now an accountant and makes a killing
this was the norm in his day and age
but now days he would be lucky to get a factory job you kids wanna take a good look at some of the people around you and learn from other peoples mistakes for a change
dont worrie about making your own
it is not that efective

and duc i'll ban you later

yeah im in year 11 this year. still tossing up on what to do next year.
ive gotten lots of advice and they say they will chose the year 12 pass over a year 11 pass. also they want someone with their P's to get to the work sites/work.
next year im thinking i will do a pre apprenticeship course the last 6 months of the year and the first 6 months work full time. if worse comews to worse ill do year 12 at TAFE.
hoping to do carpentry and earn a killing.

im in yr 10 and considering leaving if im able to get an appreniship but i will most likely go throught to yr 12 because i havnt found something i would really likt to do yet and i will have more opertunities later in life if i complete yr 12

yeh im going back to school inrolled today ill do year 10 again and try alot harder this year l0l

yeah i f***ing hate school.
really hard to keep a positive attitude towards it.
im in all the dumbass classes and finding them really hard.

stay in school
I left after year 10 and am still in the same job now but I was lucky enough to have my brother inlaw working there to get me in

if he wasnt there I would have stayed

my school was heaps shi*t, healthy food, classes during lunches, classes till 2oclock, not allowed to go to the shop for lunch even when the canteen was closed it really started to piss me off lol, but i wouldnt leave unless youve deadset got an apprenticeship

what is the best trade job to go for im thinking carpenter/builder,
but what do reckon the best tradesman job is with a good pay?

sparky, chippy and plumber.
i think plumber gets the most at the moment but the others and far off

yeah i f***ing hate school.
really hard to keep a positive attitude towards it.
im in all the dumbass classes and finding them really hard.

l0l dude thats nothing to be prod of l0l

woah I'm like opposite to you... I'm in all the top classes and finding it too easy! (I'm not a nerd lol)

Latest posts

Back