First moto, ares99/orion27 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, I've had a bad day with measuring

Thought I had the front sorted, I measured 95mm from top pad edge to axle centre... then preceded to put the 180mm on :hidesbehindsofa: - will fix moro
Are the wave rotors preferred over the full rounds? And do the waves need to be specific directions?

Rear pads
41mm Width
45mm Depth (somehow I measured 50mm the first time)
~29mm Hole centres

Well I've certainly over worried this,

In the end the pad/caliper suits 190mm, bottom of pad will go the top of the ^ no matter what rotor is used (34mm pad depth)
rKLcRY9.jpg

And I did put a 190 on the front, I just got confused as I have too many rotors around.

Last edited:
Yeah the caliper spacing from the axle wont change, but some of the round discs are deeper, so have a bigger surface area for the disc pad.

mFtxAbil-uUsexW-CRwQZWg.jpg

Wave disc v's Round, the round ones do have a bigger surface area for the pads to grip to.
then it just comes down to how good the master cylinder and calipers are.

The waves discs sit so the lower part is to the front of the bike, and the peak of the wave to the back

My bike has these discs, 220mm and 200mm and they are really good but my calipers are a step up from yours too.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hmm, don't suppose there's a chance you could take a look for me? I won't be in town till the weekend with this weather

How much do you want for the manifold?

You can't tell what's wrong with it till you pull it apart, take the clutch cover off and then the clutch.
$5 for the manifold.

I'll definitely grab the manifold. Will bring down that wheel when I pick it up

Have sent the guy a message.

Tony,
can you post up some pics of the engine mount holes from your engine
and a couple of the bolt holes in the frame too

Ok, now i see what's going on
Those bushes reduce the rear engine mount hole (16mm) down to 12mm for the swingarm bolt.

This is what the case looks like with them taken out of the engine, 16mm holes

And this is one of the bush's

I have a pair of bush's here that will convert the engine mount holes to 8mm, i'll swap them with your's if you can tap them out and bring them down.
Use a flat head screwdriver from the opposite side of the engine push it in and you will feel the screwdriver hit the steel tube in the middle of the bush, give it a light tap with a hammer and they'll pop out.

Ahh, I didn't think there was any steel in mine, but I can just see it - looks very thin though, not getting any purchase with screw driver

Got seal kit and exhaust from DASSA
Cables and levers still in post

Not sure when I'll be able to get down

Last edited:
I hope you are going to clean up the Pitpro frame etc before you fit the engine into it
So did my Bush's fit ok ?

I've only taken this one apart down to the frame + forks - and just washed them
Didn't want to go further so I wouldn't find more things to buy

Haven't tried your bushes yet, have to clean up inside the cases a bit first so they don't get ruined

New stem bearings arrived for middle frame - missing the 320/22 cup :(
Clutch cable arrived

Levers didnt,
Throttle cable didnt

I think I will take the forks off the pitpro and give the frame a quick coat, change stem bearings - want to put the BSE forks back on that frame before I do though

Managed to get the Kenda off the BSE rear wheel - rim is quite bent, unsure if usable

Craig, just had a thought - perhaps I could swap the hubs over from the bent rim I have here into the new one?

Latest posts

Back