First Pit Bike Build!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok just realized something that might be a problem.. The bike has no regulator on it? It seems to have a plug for it though?? :s

That looks right to me?? I don't get why it's not starting now... Going to put new spark plug in as its sparking out the side of the core of the plug not down the centre like it should.

the mid left pin looks to be bent down, try to bend it up with a little screwdriver.. if there is a wire running to that connection it usually needs to be connected...

i think your flywheel is not on the t mark its on the cdi fire mark so put it to the t mark and then line up the cam correctly

the mid left pin looks to be bent down, try to bend it up with a little screwdriver.. if there is a wire running to that connection it usually needs to be connected...

i think your flywheel is not on the t mark its on the cdi fire mark so put it to the t mark and then line up the cam correctly
The T mark is at 12oclock on the engine case.. The F is on the left in the picture

smoke out the air filter, is just unburnt fuel being blown back through the carby, if the valve to rocker clearance is a bit too tight/close.

smoke out the exhaust, would be from the rings not bedding in properly yet.

timing may be out, but it would have been pretty hard to get it started
How long does it usually take for the rings to bed in? my garage gets flooded in smoke after 2mins hahaha :S

mine had that much smoke with bad valve seals, because the engine was overheated the valve seals were cooked

OK well its running the best it has atm but still blowing smoke with the choke on but when it get warm with choke off it stops?. It has a #36 slow jet and #100 main and was looking at changing them out to something that might suit what i have a bit better? thanks!

OK well its running the best it has atm but still blowing smoke with the choke on but when it get warm with choke off it stops?. It has a #36 slow jet and #100 main and was looking at changing them out to something that might suit what i have a bit better? thanks!
what colour is the smoke? if its black, then thats because the choke is on and there is a but load of fuel in there and thats perfectly normal

Yeah I'd say it's black.. Will changing the jets get me close for it to run smooth.. It's Boggs crazy when on the throttle and it's hard to get a steady smooth idle

if thats with the choke off then yeah jetting will most likley help it depends when the bike is bogging, like at what rpm, throttle opening also... you may be able to get away with a needle adjustment and idle mixture adjustment

It's bogging at low rpm.. Seems ok at high rpm. Ill try dropping the needle down a notch or two

If idle is pretty low than turn it up a tad and check it again.

i see your OKO 26mm is still not running right.
what jets are currently in it ?

Hehe i bet 26mm is way big for that small engine, it took me 5 hours to get it running for 155cc as well, i ended up taking mikuni vm24 jets and putting them to vm26 and raising the needle totally up, now runs like a charm :)

EDIT:Oh and even 155cc ended up having a throttle flatspot you can't get over unless you make engine displacement bigger.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back