First Pit Bike Build!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you need the rubber adapter. As far as the mikuni goes it could be a bit hit and miss as that is the carb I'm running sorry was running on an 88, it's actually a 22mm carb as it is an oval bore. My dhz 140 when I bought it new had a 30mm Chinese mikuni on it and it ran pretty well. The carb from that site could have random jets in it i reckon so in my opinion I'd still be saving and getting the 24mm oko. You can get them of eBay for about 68 bucks and jets from the same seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I cant find where to buy just the adaptor anywhere? i wouldnt have a clue what jets id need so it would be hit and miss either way hahaha.
Yeah you need the rubber adapter. As far as the mikuni goes it could be a bit hit and miss as that is the carb I'm running sorry was running on an 88, it's actually a 22mm carb as it is an oval bore. My dhz 140 when I bought it new had a 30mm Chinese mikuni on it and it ran pretty well. The carb from that site could have random jets in it i reckon so in my opinion I'd still be saving and getting the 24mm oko. You can get them of eBay for about 68 bucks and jets from the same seller.

Just type in oko adapter into eBay and it comes up straight away and the jets would be close to 34 pilot 96 main. If you ask dhz they will do you a deal on carb, adapter and install them jets.

I ran a 26mm oko on my 125. It had a heap of power but had a flat spot down low that would not tune out of it.
I put a mikuni on it the same as your link and ran without changing jets. Slight mixture adjustment and port matching and it runs sweet and has done so for over 3 years.

What did you like better? And are the mikuni's easy to tune?
I ran a 26mm oko on my 125. It had a heap of power but had a flat spot down low that would not tune out of it.
I put a mikuni on it the same as your link and ran without changing jets. Slight mixture adjustment and port matching and it runs sweet and has done so for over 3 years.

The mikini I used is only a replica.
. I would'nt use a replica on a performance build.

I think a 26mm oko could be tuned on a 125 but can be a head ache.

I tried running the 26 on my stock 140 and had the flat spot down low aswell that I couldn't for the life if me get rid off, that's why I went to the 24 and it pulls hard the whole way, no flat spots at all. If you want down low and mid power than the slightly smaller carb will give you that. Bigger carbs give you a roaring top end but are usually a biatch down low, sometimes.

I'm leaning more towards a 24mm Mikuni with 24mm intake. Found a Mikuni one on eBay for around $90 posted from the states, seems well priced and buy jets from DHZ :)

PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS! :)

Before and after head port polish and reground valves.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Repainted frame Matt Black
image.jpg

Old piston
image.jpg
image.jpg

the progress shots look good.
are you porting the intake/exhaust? eg smoothing out the runners, the valve bosses look like they could be cut back a bit too.
the old piston looks to be a bit dusted, maybe run with a pod style paper element filter?
are you going to use a Uni filter or another foam filter when you get the new carb?

Reground valves
image.jpg
image.jpg

Start of the porting and polish of intake and exhaust (need right sized bit for the dremal)
image.jpg
image.jpg

And only before photo I took before tearing it down :(
image.jpg

What do you mean by cutting the valve bosses?
I will have a uni filter on it when I get my OKO carb kit :)

the little mounds where the valves come through into the ports.

intake before-

intake after,

exhaust before,

exhaust almost finished,

when you copy the IMG thumb code and paste it here,
you should copy the IMG code so when you paste it here, it will put up the pics in full size.

i used the thumb sized pics as i didn't want to take over your thread.

glad to hear a Uni filter is going on.
good work so far !!

cheers, craig

Oh ok i see, yeah ill have a hack at them and clean it up abit more before reinstalling everything!

cheers

Was your 125 stock??

Next stage of the build!

Starting to reassemble the engine!

Ok so I got my parts today for my Lifan 125, from TBOLT.com I got my high comp piston and race cam plus gasket kit. From DHZ I got a 26mm OKO flat slide carb kit with 26mm intake, rubber adaptor, throttle cable, 1/8 joker throttle, uni filter. From motorcycle power store I got valve stem seals, stiffer valve springs, high rev CDI and high output race coil.

Next step is going to be exhaust and plastics, When Im looking for plastics kits do I look for 'CRF style' to suit a Pit Pro 125? They look to be the same but don't want to order them and they not fit.. :/

What size exhaust should I aim for and this also looks to be the CRF50 type?
Want an FMF 4.1 has anybody got one and are they worth the $$$??

Latest posts

Back