FMX22's 1964 datto v320 wagz build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold Coast Electroplating
5537 1306
25/292 Brisbane Road, Labrador QLD 4215

I asked a few mates at work about what their chroming was like and apparently one guy had his door hinges done so poorly that he needed to take them somewhere else to be re chromed... Heaps of discolouration from bad acid or something like that.
Everyone else said they were good though

Just give them a call for a quote to see the going price maybe?

1 little update . iv started taking of the crome work getting it ready to be redone. i have also being sanding it got heaps of paint off it now still got heaps to do

1 little update . iv started taking of the crome work getting it ready to be redone. i have also being sanding it got heaps of paint off it now still got heaps to do

How did you get the Chrome off the bumpers etc? was that through sanding/ wirebrushing? paint stripper?

Hey Man - let me know how the re Chrome plating goes (and how dear it is). I'd love to do the same!

I'm super interested with this thing
It has the potential be such an angry little beast ha ha

sweet . ill get some updated pics tmorro mate. also i snapped a bolt (1 of 6) that holdes the door on how should i get it out? i need to do it b4 my dad relises and gets all pissy lol

If the stem of the bolt is still poking out a bit you could try getting some vice grips on their real tight and get it out that way.. don't spray any inox/wd 40 on it because that will make the grips slip off

If it's still in all the way you might be able to get it out by drilling a small hole in the centre and then bash a torx key in there with a hammer, then you should be able to wind it out

Pretty dodgy I know, but there's not alot you can do
Easy outs or more trouble than they're worth

hmm yer i think it snapped off clean so i carnt do the first option . i might try drill it out then re tap it bloody rusty boltes i was going slowly working it out and then snapp bloody things proberly havent being undone since they were put in there 47 years ago lol

cheers for the help mate +reps

**** i forgot to put up pics. ill take some tmorro.
today dad and i took off both guards (1 eatch ) then welded up the rust around the front window.

it is now moastly sanded and ready to cut out the rust and weld in sheet metal . (we didnt think it had that mutch in it ) but iv found a fair bit lol

also it apperars it was owned bye a woman or some 1 with a asian background at some point ahah ( it has had a hard hit in the left light area, and another in the front. ).

nar lol im sitting in a **** box . yayayayaya i just found window rubbers $50 for them and 50 poast ahah

Latest posts

Back