FMX22's 1964 datto v320 wagz build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deamon dave i just ceeked out that side there are some sweet rides in there
yea lots of very trick vehicles for sure

here's what i am working on now , 1993 chevy surburban dually with factory big block 454 engine , has a cadillac escalade front clip added , i have many plans for this truck .

Attachments

• SUBLADE 2.jpg
    SUBLADE 2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 33
yea lots of very trick vehicles for sure

here's what i am working on now , 1993 chevy surburban dually with factory big block 454 engine , has a cadillac escalade front clip added , i have many plans for this truck .

Sorry to thread jack Troyzee....But Dave....WTF is parked on the other side of the Chevy?

Bad all good Wayne I was just about to ask lol. That looks good mate are you bagging it all around ??

Also what sand paper would you guys recommend ?? I'm using 80grid ATM and then 120 until I get till 800 or 1200 . Does that sound or should use something a bit ruffer to start off with ???

Also what sand paper would you guys recommend ?? I'm using 80grid ATM and then 120 until I get till 800 or 1200 . Does that sound or should use something a bit ruffer to start off with ???

80 grit should be more than rough enough to get you started :)

You doing this by hand or with a sander?

Sorry to thread jack Troyzee....But Dave....WTF is parked on the other side of the Chevy?

the black truck is a chevy avalanche hd2500 4x4 on 40 inch tires with 14 inches of lift , very rare due to the vortec 8.1 engine and it being a 3/4 ton truck.

sorry to thread jck .

the black truck is a chevy avalanche hd2500 4x4 on 40 inch tires with 14 inches of lift , very rare due to the vortec 8.1 engine and it being a 3/4 ton truck.

sorry to thread jck .

Mate that's worth it's own thread ... I for one would like to hear a bit more about it ... and what that truck ends up looking like as well .

paint that old ya cant just take back to the original primer or sand back a bit. it will be rooted.

strip to bare metal is the only way to restore a car or even get a decent finish..

with the crappy hard paint that is on it, id be using paint stripper or 36grit disks and machine sanding it off..
if you go the 36 grit way.. machine sand it again with 80 grit...

also for machine sanding there are fiber disks available that will remove the paint and not scratch the metal too much..

once stripped to bare metal you need to treat the metal with DEOXIDINE then etch primer straight away...

then find all your dents and repair them, then etch again then 2 pack fill them..

no, orbit sanders wont work.. there more for finishing off..

like a buff but made for sanding... supercheap sell adjustable speed ones..

Yay I have 1 of them in the shead . Sean have you found a good shop or online store to buy replacement parts from?? I need new datsun1200 badges

Hey mate sick car and all, should be sick when it's all done!
I noticed in the chat box that you were looking for an old rotary for it
steer clear of 12a's because parts are sparse since no one makes 12a rotary housings or rotas anymore...
and when you're looking try to make sure its running when you see it, or atleast able to be turned over because the likelyhood of the apex seals being buggered are pretty high, especially if it's been sitting for a while...

there's a bloke on the northside of brisbane that does call outs and has a compression checker for rotaries too.
Mr Rotary is the name of his business, maybe even giving him a call to see if he knows of any running motors for sale would be a good idea

just my $0.02 worth :)

Cheers mate. It actually has the stock 1200 engine in it . I was talking about a 12a as a bit of a project as a learning curv because I eventually wana get something that's rotor.

Yeah thats sweet man
Aren't alot of youngens out there that like rotaries
I'd still be thinking of going down the 13b path though, alot more parts, cheaper too... but still by no means cheap to rebuild ha ha

Ahah yer . When this is finished hopefully buy the end of next year . I will start the hunt for a rotary and a datto ute to chop up . The wagz is a bit rear to chuck a rotary in lol

Latest posts

Back