FMX22's 1964 datto v320 wagz build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah ok I thought you were putting the rota in the wagon lol!
My bad.. Chop back to it already that paint isn't gonna strip itself you know! haha
Such a beast with alot of potential to be a nice car though
thumbs up :)

Ahah yer man going to sand heaPs tmorro . Will be Cool wen it's done lol. Hopefully end up pike the 2nd edited pic ahah

arite guys i sanded a fairbit in the last few days being through 3m of sandpaper lol

ca6c4f1a.jpg
[/IMG]

31aceb91.jpg
[/IMG]

do yourself a favor before you destroy all the chrome work and remove all the handles and mirrors and sht..

also work on 1 panel at a time, less chances of surface rust setting in.

yer its all getting recromed anyway sean. yer i will hopefully have it all sanded this weekend. would i be able to chuck on a bit of cooking oil on that stuff thats down to the metal to stop that happng?

why re-chrome it.. probly only needs a good clean..

no, no oil on the paint lol.. thats why you work on 1 panel...
strip, repair, prime..

lol ok well it should be sanded this weekednd anyway . and yer the crome is prety fuked so dad said that it will look better re done even tho it will cost heaps

yep, chroming isnt cheap. specially for awesome work..

looking at those photos the car really needs to go back to bare metal...
nothing worse than spending all this time on a paint job only to find the paint crazy cracks or you get humidity blisters 6-12 months later...
for the little extra effort needed i highly recommend stripping it mate..
not to mention cars back in the day weren't painted with decent paint..

yer im going to sand it rite back . no point doing it 2 times wen ya can do it 1 time properly ay .
do you know ang good places to get crowming doen? im going to ring a few places tmorro for quotes

theres a place down the gold coast that does a lot of show car chroming.. cant think of there name tho..
but yeah you better be sitting down when you get quoted. doing bit by bit wont be too bad tho..

also where ever you choose make sure they do copper based chroming...lasts the longest

There is a place literally 1 minute from where I work in labrador that does chroming, I can get their name if you're interested
we use them at work for electroplating and they're usually pretty good... can't tell you anything about their chroming except for when I go to pick up our stuff there's a heap of shiny stuff out the front! :D

my brother in law is an electroplater but he's in sydney but he can do it if ya can't find anyone up there

Thanks every one for there help .Norway that would be grate if you could grab there name or number.

Thanks for the info Sean I'll make sure they have the stuff that lasts he longest lol. Yer dready if I carnt find a place to do it ill shoot ya a pm cheers bud

FMX.

Why dont you just get the whole car chromed.

That would look pretty good.

Might be a little bit over the top but I still think it would be cool.

Logic

FMX.

Why dont you just get the whole car chromed.

That would look pretty good.

Might be a little bit over the top but I still think it would be cool.

Logic

Think he'd have trouble finding someone with a chrome tank big enough Logic ... and not sure how legal a full chrome car would be due to the shine factor ?

But it would look sick.

pretty sure a chrome car is illegal is most states not to mention extremly expensive, but you can go pretty close with paint

Latest posts

Back