For Those about to Rock... buying OKO Flatslides..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a keihin PWK, made for the 2 strokes but modified to work like a charm on chingas ;)

clear bowl bolts straight onto the flatty, I have both carbys
BUT you lose the drain/jet change bolt at the bottom, it's just molded in and not actually a functioning feature, good for tuning float levels tho

im buying all new parts and cabie is last i have big bore dhz twin pipe lifan 150 and i want a oko flatside should i go 28mm or 26mm?? is tuning it going be hard with all new parts?

26mm James, the 28 is far more temperamental and difficult to tune...

Some brilliant info here:D

I bought a 26mm OKO flatslide from DHZ recently and asked them about the jetting, they sent me a link to this forum.

I fitted the 26mm to my road registered Kinlon SM200, it uses the Loncin vertical 193cc engine with the balance shaft fitted. The stock CV was jetted very lean from the factory to get it thru ADR rules, and even though the engine was new[seven km´s on the odo]it felt very sluggish for it´s capacity and nowhere near as responsive as a Honda XL185S I had when I was a young bloke in the early 80´s.

I opened up the stock muffler a bit, fitted the 26mm OKO and what a difference!

easier starting, idles better and much better response everywhere.
My question is about the jetting, most of you guys run 140 or 150cc engines in the dirt. What pilot and mains should I run on the Kinlon? I´ using thje OEM airbox at present as there isn a lot of space for the pod filter that came with the carb kit. Is the pod filter worth fitting...the bike is used on the tarmac quite a lot;)

Hey WillsSM, been thinking of buying one of these for the GF to learn on as they are going cheap on Ebay at the moment... What sort of top speed can you sit on now that you've done these mods? I hear they struggle to sit on 100 stock... :)

Hey WillsSM, been thinking of buying one of these for the GF to learn on as they are going cheap on Ebay at the moment... What sort of top speed can you sit on now that you've done these mods? I hear they struggle to sit on 100 stock... :)

G'day krazed0451,

yeah, stock are jetted very poorly with the poxy CV carb. Muffler is also very restrictive as well, I opened mine up internally then refitted the ss original end cap so looks stock and still say 'Kinlon' to get it through NSW rego. Ideal learners bike, light easy safe power delivery and outstanding front brake. Stoppies are possible:D

I think it's undergeared for the road, I'm 184cm and 116kg and I can do 100km/h but the engine is very busy at that speed!:D:D

I got mine 'used' with seven kays on the clock for $2K:cool:

Attachments

• 200 touring?.jpg
    200 touring?.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 36
G'day krazed0451,

I think it's undergeared for the road, I'm 184cm and 116kg and I can do 100km/h but the engine is very busy at that speed!:D:D

I got mine 'used' with seven kays on the clock for $2K:cool:

Nice, Any plan to change the gearing on the little beast?

They seem to be clearing them on ebay at the moment and they're going pretty cheap... I'll likely be trying to convince the GF to part with some coin and pick one up ;)

Very quick question... I'm gonna stick a 26mm oko on a YX160 with no mods beyond a ground out inlet manifold and lightened oil slinger, I presume I want a #95 main with #36 pilot still? :)

noooo u want a 36 pilot and 102 main... well that's what I'm running on my bog stock yx160 anyway

noooo u want a 36 pilot and 102 main... well that's what I'm running on my bog stock yx160 anyway

Comes with a #100 pilot standard from DHZ... Might just leave it at that!

I guess I can always jet it later :)

Has anyone tried the manifold and Carby kit OKO sell direct from thier website?
I'm looking at a 26mm with a matched manifold and would love the manifold to be polished on the inside.
Its to go on a Daytona 125.

why would you want the manifold polished on the inside?
and LMAO at the price of the kit $274 for the exact same carb that DHZ sell..

The same reason you have the ports poished inside the head...
I know its only a 1%er thing but it all adds up in the end I guess.

The same reason you have the ports poished inside the head...
I know its only a 1%er thing but it all adds up in the end I guess.

Hey Barnesd, from what I understand you want the inside of the manifold to be a uniform but rough finished. This will stop fuel from clustering on the side walls as there will be swirl surrounding them.

Raindrops on your bonnet is how it's been explained in the forum...

Hope this makes sense :)

yep polished inlet port and manifold is a bad idea, it slows the atomizing process down and makes an engine hard to tune.

you want like a 120grit finish on inlet side, however you can polish the hell out of the exhaust side..

some members here will say polishing is the way to go, but its been proven tht its not..

Ahhhhhhh! The same principal we use for short chord Hyrofoils to stop ventilation!
Air sticks to the rough surface and actually helps the the mixture to flow through the manifold better.
Sweet, Just saved myself a hundred bucks on the kit.

Another quick question... What size is the OD of the OKO 26mm carb inlet?

I'm planning on buying a filter separately :)

(I've had a quick look through these 12 pages but didn't spot it...)

Mr Thump*1homo i mean thump*140 would a OKO 28mm flatty work on a XR75 if i big bored it?

Latest posts

Back