For Those about to Rock... buying OKO Flatslides..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
might seem like a dumb question...but wen im tuning the oko 26mm on my 250blitz, am i only adjusting the air screw?? i got it idleing great and awesome response through the rev range but wen i start it with the choke on...nothing..unless i give the throttle a little twist while i kick it ova. tips?? want it runing right by this wknd cos im heading up to the donnybrook quarry and i dont fancy driving 1.5-2hrs for nothing.

thump* i have fitted a koso 32mm to a china 250 full size bike.... the bike is absolute rubbish but it loved the carb.... really responsive and top end to the moon once geared right...
Hmm..... curiouser, and curiouser..... :D
might seem like a dumb question...but wen im tuning the oko 26mm on my 250blitz, am i only adjusting the air screw?? i got it idleing great and awesome response through the rev range but wen i start it with the choke on...nothing..unless i give the throttle a little twist while i kick it ova. tips?? want it runing right by this wknd cos im heading up to the donnybrook quarry and i dont fancy driving 1.5-2hrs for nothing.

is it starting when you give it a small amount of throttle when starting? might just mean the idle is set a little low, although OKO-fed blitz's tend to want an idle on the high-side, otherwise they stall...
if it's starting fine with a small amount of throttle, i wouldnt worry too much about it.. if it's not starting at all, i'd be curious to know if it's getting a decent fuel flow...

what jets and needle height are you running?
and how many turns is the mixture screw set at?

and choke isnt always needed on these carbs when there cold...
and there never needed when there hot...

thump the possibly genuine keihin carbys from akunar are different to the oko's we get from DHZ, they have keihin stamped on them. *If they really are genuine then that's a bloody good deal, I might have to hurry up and grab myself a 24mm from them incase the "truck" decides to lock it's door ;)

and too late, that "truck" has locked its door :)

got my pwk just in time then

OKO Carbies are crap!!!! and before you fly off the handle trying to defend them read what i have to say:

It is the only carby in the world that i know of that has a removable centre section with a rubber seal, this rubber seal in 90% of cases leaks and results in unmetered fuel passing into the engine.

That means not only is fuel going throught the main jet but its also going through this seal and no amount of tuning, changing jets will ever fix it.

Thats the real reason why folks out there cant tune them.

For the other 10% of peoples that dont have any probelms with them, my advise to you is GET RID OF THEM! because its only a matter of time before this seal fails and you will be chasing your tail trying to find the cause.

Have a look at these images, you can seen that even from brand new, this seal is already twisted.....

I also just noticed that the "Air Hole" for the mixture screw hasnt been drilled through.

JUST QUALITY!

hahha, bit of an old thread but iv just noticed tht the carb NRG is talking about isnt even an OKO, it looks like a poor copy PWK... notice the lack of the correct emulsion tube....

attachment.php

26mmm will be alittle bit big, grab a 24mm off ebay i should work fine, I've got molkt 24mm carbys working great on 125's

i'm running a 26mm OKO on my zongshen 125, works great. running 37/97 jetting, could probably go down to a 95 or even 92 to crispen up the top end though. :)

Some brilliant info here:D

I bought a 26mm OKO flatslide from DHZ recently and asked them about the jetting, they sent me a link to this forum.

I fitted the 26mm to my road registered Kinlon SM200, it uses the Loncin vertical 193cc engine with the balance shaft fitted. The stock CV was jetted very lean from the factory to get it thru ADR rules, and even though the engine was new[seven km´s on the odo]it felt very sluggish for it´s capacity and nowhere near as responsive as a Honda XL185S I had when I was a young bloke in the early 80´s.

I opened up the stock muffler a bit, fitted the 26mm OKO and what a difference!

easier starting, idles better and much better response everywhere.
My question is about the jetting, most of you guys run 140 or 150cc engines in the dirt. What pilot and mains should I run on the Kinlon? I´ using thje OEM airbox at present as there isn a lot of space for the pod filter that came with the carb kit. Is the pod filter worth fitting...the bike is used on the tarmac quite a lot;)

mate the best part about the OKO 26mm Flatslide, is that it runs jetting that is pretty much the same within a few jets, regardless of engine capacity...
i ran a 26mm on my 250cc Blitz for quite awhile, runnine K37 pilot, JJH needle and a K98 main jet... was jetted to perfection, no hesitation, clean from idle to redline, and the end result was a massive increase in rideability and power....
out of interest, i tried the same carby, with identical jetting on engines ranging from 110, 125, a wild 140 and a gen I loncin 250 with no other mods, and the only engine that had issues with the jetting was actually the 125, which required a smaller main...

ALL of the other motors ran close to perfect with that same jetting...

Long story short, the OKO 26 is by far the most versatile carby you will find when it comes to chinas... they are brilliant, and so very simple to tune...

Hey thump, I recently bought the OKO 26mm too and this thread definitely helped my decision in getting one. I've yet to fit it (funnily enough the Mikuni has been behaving itself lately). But I have a Q about the OKO... why the hell is there only 2 bolts holding the bottom bowl on??! I think I've seen someone ask the same Q but I can't be stuffed searching through the entire forum again. Has anyone modified it to make it at least look like the other 2 bolts are useful for something :confused:

well i say it doesn't need the other 2

but seriously how often are you looking at the bottome of peoples fuel bowls :D

well i say it doesn't need the other 2

but seriously how often are you looking at the bottome of peoples fuel bowls :D

Well, logically I would think that if it's got 4 corners it needs 4 F$^%ing bolts!!!! Plus I wouldn't trust the metal to be perfectly true that 2 bolts will hold it square :confused: Anyone had any bowl leakage ? LOL

nope 2 bolts are working fine for for me, and every other oko owner out there

theese are cheap copys of a jap carby after all, but If you really want 4 botls go a clear float bowl, mine has 4 screws, but that might be cuz of the roundslide oko carby it's bolted to :confused:

im buying all new parts and cabie is last i have big bore dhz twin pipe lifan 150 and i want a oko flatside should i go 28mm or 26mm?? is tuning it going be hard with all new parts?

nope 2 bolts are working fine for for me, and every other oko owner out there

theese are cheap copys of a jap carby after all, but If you really want 4 botls go a clear float bowl, mine has 4 screws, but that might be cuz of the roundslide oko carby it's bolted to :confused:

I think the clear bowl is for the round slides only... I did look into that but not sure 100%. To me, pitbike parts are never 100% LOL
Can I ask what jap carby the OKO has copied ?

Latest posts

Back