Found this in Exhaust??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneezy

Reaction score
Hey guys

need a lil help

My wifes bike was cutting out and splattering and had a weak spark so i got new magneto, stator, cdi, lead and plug, and seemed to run great, then i started it today after fixing it last week and it was dying on full throttle again, i cleaned carby and still did it (stock ****ty carby) i put my oko 26mm on today and now it runs awesome, just one thing, i heard i rattle in exhaust and i found this.... anyone know what it is???

by the way bike runs great so dunno what it is, just wanna know..

thanks

Kris

IMG_4168.jpg

thats the power valve & helps to control the boost also, you should rebuild your turbo ASAP!

Really? I hope so lol runs fine so not too worried :)

Just wiggle the pipe where it goes into the head and you will know in 2 seconds.

May just be leftover from an old exhaust gasket.

does a magnet stick to it???

exhaust gaskets are copper!!

piston skirt will allow the piston to have more clearance than normal... not a good thing, so if its rattling more than usual then thats what it is lol...

but really it could be just about anything... the picture doesnt quiet show enough..

could be something that fell down the intake during carb swaps and got mashed a bit then magically slipped thru the valves teeth... dont laugh lol iv personally seen it happen.. dents the hell out of the piston..

Maybe I'm missing something but how could a piece of the piston skirt get above the piston? Or do you mean a piece of the lower cylinder sleeve? :confused:

dunno mate, dont think it is, im pretty sure it is just from the exhaust,

Yeah if anything came from down low you would've known about it at the time, especially with 2 pieces. You'd have a trashed unit if that happened. I wonder if its from the weld in the header join? Although it does look like it once had a shape.. so I reckon as others have said that its an old gasket. A magnetic check should confirm that.

im guessing i wont be picking up the oko tomorrow then.

Yeah I messages you but no answer mate?? Okos on the wife's bike now.

Got a magnet from the fridge and it's not magnetic

Latest posts

Back