Frame difference?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prater999

Reaction score
Hey how similar do u think a drz70 frame would b 2 a crf50 frame? just looking at it b4 made me wonder how close they really could b, but judging on the engine capcity i get the feeling that the sub frame and mounts may differ slightly

The 1st pic is the drz and the 2nd is the crf

Thanx :40__s:

Attachments

• SU0408016013.jpg
    SU0408016013.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 27
  • suHJ1008002013.jpg
    suHJ1008002013.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 23
umm you could tell by getting measurements of all the mountings and how farr away they all are from each other and stuff, would be good to get two next to each other and compare side by side and see what would happened if you got two of the stock bikes and swapped just the frames over...

yer i'm thinking about gettin a billetware crf frame 2 avoid bending my drz frame since no1 makes aftermarket frames for them yet

01082010_005.jpg

01082010_004.jpg

anyway theres my bike frame, i'll strip it down more when i get a chance

Stock already looks abit bent mate?

The swingarm/shock etc suppose to swap straight over from the two , and forks .

So the engine mounts mite even be the same to. Measure up your mounts and i could measure the crf50 style engine mounts i got for you.

Could take it to someone to change the mounts a little to make everything fit . would be worth it in the long run . make it run the drz plastics/engine and it would be awesome 1 of a kind bike.

Stock already looks abit bent mate?

The swingarm/shock etc suppose to swap straight over from the two , and forks .

So the engine mounts mite even be the same to. Measure up your mounts and i could measure the crf50 style engine mounts i got for you.

Could take it to someone to change the mounts a little to make everything fit . would be worth it in the long run . make it run the drz plastics/engine and it would be awesome 1 of a kind bike.

yer i think it is, or it might just b the way drz's sit coz i was lookin at brand new ones and they look a bit bent aswell,

i'm tossin up between tryin a crf frame or just strengthening the 1 i got wat do u think?

nah , i can see the bend, its choppered

she still jumps n rides good but, wat do u guys reckon, strengthen or new frame, dont really feel like spendin fuk loads of money lol

depends how much cash you got, i would go with a new one tho

could prob scrape up 400 at the most if i'm lucky :/ but oh well the bike still runs fine n it dont affect it

i'd get it from the states, or just keep scouring ebay

all i can find it an oem 1 from the states that will cost me $750, so **** that lol i might try the shepp suzuki dealer

look for a stock crf50 one, and mod the engine mounts if needed, can get them for $100, second hand, just get it strengthened

drz's are dope!

i reckon try get something from the states DRZ style to keep it similar..
its heaps different

drz's are dope!

i reckon try get something from the states DRZ style to keep it similar..
its heaps different

different 2 a crf style?

i been reading a few things off the net and a guy on here a few years ago said to cut the neck just under the tank and shove a peice of steel pipe in there, this may straighten the frame once its re welded? opinions?

Latest posts

Back