Friday's Storm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegleg

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics I took of the storm

A couple of the shops that were water damaged
HunterStreet.jpg

Pasha Bulker
work015.jpg

PashaBulker.jpg

Local bowling club
work033.jpg

View from the end of my street
Picture002.jpg

Picture011.jpg

One of the many cars washed onto the footpath
work027.jpg

work029.jpg

damn mustve done alot of damage hope everyone's ok.

Unfortunately that was only pics of where I could get too, Much worse in other parts of Newcastle, some still under water.
We drove around some of the back streets and saw people cleaning out their houses, so much damage.
It made me sad to see people emptying their entire house of there contents, everything lost...

at low tide you can walk out to it and the water will only be at knee height.
It is really bizaar.

yeh it was preety crazy ,its like nothing i have seen before the place on saturday and friday night looked like some movie i forget the name of ,abondoned taxi's ,ambo's,cars ,vans,4wd's were just on wierd angles all over the place and underwater .All the shops under spotlight there are stuffed especially mountain designs which is completley gutted and smashed.friggin power polls down and a shit load of gum tree's scattered all over the place.not to mention that 40 thousand tonne bastard sittin in on nobby's beach its gonna be interesing watching them try and pull that bad boy out ,too bad though she's a nice ship

A house in Newcastle with its brick fence knocked over
work034.jpg

The road at Kooragang Island
work003-1.jpg

Thats insane. Its going to be hard for them to get the ship back out to sea.

i no how bad was the storm so bad in the newcastle areas not so much in the area i live lucky im on a hill.....went 4 a moto rode 2day with unit mx (lou) trees down everywhere n the bush is like flooded...very restricted areas to ride atm...i had no power 4 over 24hrs...hope every1s well

yeh it was preety crazy ,its like nothing i have seen before the place on saturday and friday night looked like some movie i forget the name of ,abondoned taxi's ,ambo's,cars ,vans,4wd's were just on wierd angles all over the place and underwater .All the shops under spotlight there are stuffed especially mountain designs which is completley gutted and smashed.friggin power polls down and a shit load of gum tree's scattered all over the place.not to mention that 40 thousand tonne bastard sittin in on nobby's beach its gonna be interesing watching them try and pull that bad boy out ,too bad though she's a nice ship

We were saying that it was gunna be another "Day After Tomorrow" 3 o'clock Sat morning, 125 km/h winds were scaring the shit out of me, thought I was gunna join Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.lol

We haven't lost power at all, we normally loose power over here if someone sneezes, the worst we had was no FOXTEL for Friday night..lol

Newcastle seems to be the place for natural disasters, it was only 18 years since you guys had a earthquake. No foxtel = no problem on friday night (the footy is on chanel 9) but losing it for super saturday would suck.

omg those pics brought back a few memories from when I lived in Singleton like 8-9 yrs ago, miss tha hunter valley so much...

Very good photos, you're a good photographer.

The one of the boat would make a good painting.

Thanks Flarry, and Jezz, ya don't want to be a Singleton at the moment, it coped it pretty bad.
Here are a few more pics.

l_d2060f4a8b0b864e1432e0a430dd9a0e.jpg

l_90b20c141924afe01eb5bce8835c63a8.jpg

l_3b70f14c93d6ff2fef3b0760769346d2.jpg

Thanks Flarry, and Jezz, ya don't want to be a Singleton at the moment, it coped it pretty bad.
Here are a few more pics.

l_d2060f4a8b0b864e1432e0a430dd9a0e.jpg

See now if this was a zuki... he wouldnt be in this mess!!

Some great pictures peg! keep them coming mate!!
hope all is well for those effected.

Whoa!

Nice pics. Been following this on the news. Haven't actually seen how BAD is was until now.

The worst thing is that there are scum looting the cars and shops, talk about being kicked when your down..

Latest posts

Back