gear box

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revmx_89

Reaction score
hey guys i have lost 2 gear i think its the selector fork but any way i was looking at a new gear box and wanna know if thats the right one...http://www.dhz.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=158{21}130&osCsid=e9de92075a22494410c6298983b8cd72
and is there a stronger box to get

ok guys i just pulled my clutch out and the funny looking lock nut that holds it it all in was only finger tight could that be the problem

thats a pretty common problem with these engines(the clutch nut)

but not sure if it can have anything to do with a particular gear missing..

just tighten it and see how it goes

you could tighten it with a flat-blade screwdriver and a mallet but you'll damage the nut if not some other part of the engine. just buy the remover from dhz and play it safe.

so did you contact russ regarding this problem?
and did you try to tighten the clutch first to see if that was the problem?

and i hope you ordered a magneto and clutch tool

yeah i did tried tighting the clutch nut and was know different's i orded the clutch tool but i wont be putting in the gear box. Russ was not much of a help just put it down to me not running the bike in properly and over revving it but as i said it 2nd gear no need to over rev it

hmmm.
did you inspect the gear drum bolt behind the clutch assembly and everything else around it, there is also a gear drum bolt behind the rubber bung above the front sprocket.. check it hasnt come loose..

also what oil have you been running?

and just so you know, im not a fan of russ's reply. he could of at least sus'ed it out for you or offered to get the parts cheap for you..
run in period has nothing to do with gearbox issues, nor does over revving it..

whats the warranty offered on these bikes? guessing nothing... by law it has to be at least 30days..

that reply has turned me off of the rev a bit, sadly :/

im with sean on this one jesse, you should try suss out what the problem is by taking it back to russ instead of throwing money at the bike in hope

hmmmm, i see a drama straight up...
jesse is in vic and revmx is in sydney...

makes it hard for both of them.. but still russ should be more supportive then that..

but on a side note...

it seems you havent inspected the gearbox yet so really its way to early to say its the gearbox at fault...
a couple of things can do this..

loose components
bent gear lever shaft
cracked case
etc

i have been running castrol t4 yeah its disappointing from russ i have not seen anything about warranty i have pulled the clutch there seems to be nothing wrong behind the clutch and about to check the rubber bung above the front sprocket

well firstly do all the other gears work fine??

as sean said check to see if the shift drum is loose

take off the magneto case and up to the left of the front sprocket there is a black plug... use a flat head screwdriver to pry it out... then there should be an allen key bolt in there see if that is loose

also another question were you riding the bike at the time when it was in 2nd and it dropped out?? or how did you first come across 2nd gear wasnt working

pbk....i was just riding around my track pulled out of a berm and hit 2nd before a tabletop and it just started slipping there is nothing loose behind the clutch ill check other nut now

thats sounding very much like the clutch nut was your problem or is it still doing it after tightening it?

ok, now your saying slipping...

is there any drag on 2nd gear or is it totally missing..

usually a gear problem will start off by phasing in and out of gear until totally gone.

is your clutch working properly?

shame your in vic cause this sounds like something i would like to see, specially since your the first person to report this type of issue with the new z160 HO (apart from the clutch coming loose)

Latest posts

Back