gear box

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh forgot to add..
when you did the clutch nut up did you check to make sure the 2 washers behind the inner clutch basket were still installed correctly

it is hard to explain what it dose i still have 2nd gear but when i ride it. it is not smooth its slips in and out of gear.

i have put the clutch back in the same way it come out

sounds like the same problem i have with the daytona 125,

you can be in second under power than slip there goes 2nd, you then need to downshift to get 2nd gear again, is this similar to your problem jesse?

that's the one Sean. I have checked the nut above the front sprocket thats tight this happened on one of my old yz 250 and the mechanic put a new gear box in it

roost it dose it under power but i dont have to go down gear it stay in 2 nd gear its like im fanning the clutch contently but im not

ok, well im now convinced that the second gear dog is worn and was probably faulty from new as im guessing there arnt many hours on this engine so far...

i think Russ needs to have a peak at this thread and be more supporting with his product..

Ken wouldn't hesitate to send out a new box or at least offer some sort of assistance.

be lucky to have 5 hours on it it would of been nice of russ to offer help not just say what he did dose not matter now new box is in the mail just have to find a mechanic to fit it

do your self mate its a great learning experience get a mate to help you

i also suggest dot it all in one hit or you forget where shit goes and wil be up till 3 in the morning like my mate lol

but seriously if me and my mate can do it im sure you and a mate can we are only 17 it only takes a few tools and some common sense really

you were gong to get a V2 head as well werent you?

if so and money allows, do it all at once...
just dont forget the TB piston to suit the head..

have you got any idea's as to where/who is going to do your engine?
id probly give ciniworx a call, as since they sell the same engine they may have had to doing something similar already...

good luck mate...

i got the tb piston with the head and cam ciniworx is like 3 hours from me and dont have a car at the moment so cant get down there i was hopping my local bike shop was going to do it but when i rang them they said they dont touch china bikes. one of my dads mate is good at staff like this so im going to try him

hit up you tube, surf the net, even post pics here, im sure you could do it yourself

i properly can but i dont want wreck any thing so i will let a mechanic do it as i know dads mate will charge a bottle of port and thats it

No drive under load.

Sounds like a worn shift drum fork.

This has happend to my Lifan 150 several times.

A new shift fork will get you going, but it'll probably happen again down the track.

Let us know, cheers.

Sounds like a worn shift drum fork.

This has happend to my Lifan 150 several times.

A new shift fork will get you going, but it'll probably happen again down the track.

Let us know, cheers.

well if it happened to you so soon after buying the shift forks did you ever think maybe it wasnt the shift forks?? maybe it was the shift drum itself or your gear change mechanism

yeah i did tried tighting the clutch nut and was know different's i orded the clutch tool but i wont be putting in the gear box. Russ was not much of a help just put it down to me not running the bike in properly and over revving it but as i said it 2nd gear no need to over rev it

mate iv got the same problem with russ, bike came with a back brake that doesnt work done everything to it wont work. sent him several emails but wont reply to any of them just ignoring me. kinda makes me think should of spent the little bit more for the cini and the after sales service.

iv been doing both and nothing, i might try to call him

Latest posts

Back