Gerro's 50 Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's got to be titanium to get the blue/purple colour.. It would have been good to keep the frame kit that I'm selling and build another bike but one burns up enough cash.. Haha

Na I'm going to try and use the can on my new header, I have seen any FMF cans on CRF perimeters.. It's going to be a bit of a challenge I think but I will have a much better idea of just how much work is in it once the frame arrives..

Bloody Jamie flew!!! BBR brainwasher... Man your bike was perfect the way it was, as I said I even put it above most Bbr bikes.. Soooo upset.

Thanks Styv.. I have just always loved the look of perimeters and after seeing Bean's bikes I knew it was only a matter of time.. I do want to try some different things with my new setup to make it a one off, there is a lot of perimeters on Planet Minis but they all look the same, they just have different graphics kits..

I doubt the FMF header would fit the yoshi can, it is massive, I think its like +40mm at the end. If I ever do sell the pipe it will be complete, I wouldn't get close to the money I spent on it otherwise.

I think there would be a few of us lining up for that pipe if it hit the market. Amazing build, it just doesn't end!

Haha that's exactly what my wife says every time I tell her I need another part.. Haha

This is what I had in mind for the exhaust hanger. The hanger would clamp to the sub frame and can be located anywhere along the tube to fit the muffler correctly.. The image quality isn't the best, I didn't have long enough time to let it render out but you get the idea..

epu9agaz.jpg

^ that's a good idea. I might need one of these soon as my mount off the subframe is getting weak.

My frame kit arrived today, only took 5 days from Pennsylvania..

The frame and accessories are in perfect shape, just need to strip the paint off it now..

adu4ute3.jpg

mubezytu.jpg

zemubu5u.jpg

pe7aze6u.jpg

apaja5yz.jpg

ge7e2uju.jpg

Thanks guys.. I am part way through stripping it, plenty of work ahead of me.. Haha. I'm not 100% sure of the shipping cost as the buyer and I came to an agreement to a total cost including post, when I did the online quote it was $350 - $400..

epic build man, I reckon the white looks sick haven't seen a white bbr frame polished or pwder coat or paint wateva the finish is lol top work!!!!!!!:)

Thanks guys.. I am part way through stripping it, plenty of work ahead of me.. Haha. I'm not 100% sure of the shipping cost as the buyer and I came to an agreement to a total cost including post, when I did the online quote it was $350 - $400..

Thanks bud..

Got all the parts stripped, it was a pain in the arse because when I put the paint stripper on it just turned back into wet paint, all up each part took about 4-5 coats to get it all off.

The underneath the paint the aluminium was like a satin finish it has a texture like really fine sandpaper. I have so far polished the swing arm and the subframe, I also got part of the frame done before I called it quits..

Here's a few pics if the progress so far.

y6ehynaz.jpg

busysu9a.jpg

ytu3apyb.jpg

Latest posts

Back