Getting a klx140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well keeping it somewhere for the next few months is the problem.
I'm really trying to figure something out. :(

I had it arranged that it would stay at a friends house close by, and that friend was going to give klx140kid some pointers and help. So it was going to work out great for us. :D

Then a few weeks ago I wanted just to work out the details, and explained to the person that I didn't want to disappoint klx140kid right on Christmas if the arrangement wasn't going to work. Friend said there was no problem and we'd talk about it. But I've felt a bit uneasy about it since then and have been looking at alternatives.

That "friend" has just ignored what I said since then and last night I relaised that they are never going to do what they promised and now there's nowhere to keep it and it's probably going to sit at bloody Kawasaki for a couple of months until our house is built.

I'm pretty mad because the person knew I was only going ahead with buying it now because they were letting us keep it there and that I had told klx140kid he was getting it.

So now I've got a shattered kid that isn't speaking to me because he thinks I'm a liar and I've had to do it to him right on Christmas, whereas I could have let him down two weeks ago so it wasn't so bad, if the "friend" had just been honest with me.

So sn33ky23q thanks for calling me a cool mum, but I can assure you I don't feel like one, and I've got three days to sort out something else for Christmas because this was his Christmas present. Now it will be his mid year present.

Nice to know there are people in the world that get off on shattering a 10 year old kids Christmas. And then are so weak they won't even answer their phone. :mad:

Sorry about the vent, but I thought I better explain why there will be no pics for a while.... otherwise you'd all think I was a liar as well. :(

Last edited:
Where about's do you live?

I would be more than happy to garage the bike for a while at no charge. Got plenty of storage space.

im sure there'd be aefw guys on here willing to look after the bike untill u have the room or move.

i'll chuck my hand up, would be nice and safe inside
but im a little far away. hehe

We are currently in Footscray.:( In a tiny little townhouse with a carport. And a tiny little shed.:(

ahh thats a let down skylar,never mind .

Here's an option for you and maybe keep the young bloke at bay and still keen

If i were you ,i'd keep it at the dealer's (hopefully at no cost)
take said young fella there for visits , grab a mag or a dvd every now and then so he gets a kwaka bag to take home ,take a few pics of him o his new whip

ask the dealers of your nearest club which of course he will be joining?
take him to a few meets ,get to know some ppl and so forth

maybe even get a lil ride on a club memebers bike ,i dunno but i hope this will work ,i hate seeing a young fella with the look of trails in the eyes and jumps on the brain ,and no whip to whip on

Best of luck

We are currently in Footscray.:( In a tiny little townhouse with a carport. And a tiny little shed.:(

I live in Doncaster East. I have a completly secure locked up and alarmed garage. You chain the bike to the work bench and only you would have the key. More than welecome to use it. Houses numerouse other bikes that I own. I'm a 26year old working professional (not a bum). lol.

I hate seeing the kid missing out on an awesome Christmas present. That's just not right. Especialy when it wasn't your fault. PM me if your keen.

Wow... must say I'm completely impressed by the help and advice on this forum.:D
Thanks to everyone.

PM sent motovertman.

crf150f, there bullet proof!

Was there a point to posting that comment? She did already say that she has payed for the bike so there is no point giving any other suggestions. Anyway the CRF 150f is more expensive than the KLX 140 and dont forget it is a first bike for a 10yo so the KLX was a great choice.

i think we can all agree.. top choice on bike.
and a very very very lucky kid to be scoring this for christmas.
my parents paid for my first bike which was 700 bucks atomik 70 lol
hope he enjoys it!

but just make sure, that when he does get the bike, just sort of start slowly, i can remember a kid in this mag, he said he'd hurt himself really bad (spine i think) and he'd only had the bike for a matter of weeks, so just make sure he builds up his confidence and doesn't come out all guns blazing. I know i wanted to, had been waiting for a good few years and finnally bought one with my own money, that all i could think about.

and also, try to get him to ride a bike, i know that all the positions like the attack positions are the same, knees bent, elbows bent, so yeah.maybe a few jumps will help, but nothing too big.and it will help with contrals (like brake levers) so yeah.

Big bummer for him,tell him not to focus on how crap it is that hes not getting it now, try to get him to look forward to the day where he can ride it!

I got my bike yesterday. :D:D:D
I_THUMP helped me with it and picked it up for me. At the start I was slow but then at the end was fast and didnt crash once. but when I get off the bike is heavy and I have problems starting.
Thanks THUMP for helping me. :D

Heres a few pics of Klx140kid's bike that I uploaded for him

KLX140015.jpg

KLX140011.jpg

KLX140012.jpg

KLX140013.jpg

Last edited:
YAY!!!! Look at him lol. He did really well, just seemed to get it pretty quickly.
He was using the gears soon enough and is already hanging for his next ride.

Of course THUMP had to get on and take it for a ride and show up the poor little kid! lol

Maybe I should post pics of that! :p

Looking good buddy!! Stick with it and you will get it no time. Practice makes perfect!!

Damn nice looking bike straight out of the crate too. I like. :D

Latest posts

Back