Getting a klx140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klx140kid

Reaction score
I am new to mniriders i am 10 years old so i dont know muchI am getting a klx140* me and my mum were thinking about are klx110* but it was too small so i cant wait until i get it:D any other 140 riders out there?

hey mate welcome to the forum! There are a few guys with 140cc bikes on here. They will surely jump in and give you a few pointers on what to keep an eye on and what to do to keep it in good nick. Best bet is to use the 'old search' located between the FAQ and members list at the top control panel. It will give you better results than the 5oogle search and is alot more specific in the returned answers. Try "140cc" or "140 mods"

Where abouts are you located as there may also be members close by who can give you lifts to local tracks and stuff if your mum cant help out or vise versa..

You will have a ball, just be sure to read lots on what you do get, and ride it accordingly, both to your abilitys and within the law.

Enjoy your stay at miniriders and feel free to PM any of the mods should you run into any trouble or need a hand.

Sp33d.

thank you i am in melbourne and when we get it i am going too learn how too ride a bit better then we will think about joining a club ;)
i have only ridden a 50
and thx foolsp33d

hey mate welcome to the forum! There are a few guys with 140cc bikes on here. They will surely jump in and give you a few pointers on what to keep an eye on and what to do to keep it in good nick. Best bet is to use the 'old search' located between the FAQ and members list at the top control panel. It will give you better results than the 5oogle search and is alot more specific in the returned answers. Try "140cc" or "140 mods"

Where abouts are you located as there may also be members close by who can give you lifts to local tracks and stuff if your mum cant help out or vise versa..

You will have a ball, just be sure to read lots on what you do get, and ride it accordingly, both to your abilitys and within the law.

Enjoy your stay at miniriders and feel free to PM any of the mods should you run into any trouble or need a hand.

Sp33d.

The klx140 and the lifan/yx's wayyyy different. No one has a klx140 on hear. The klx140 runs a vertical cylinder and head , the lifans horizontal.
But all the same I've had a bit of experience with big mini's - xr100's , crf150f's and the 230's so I'll try and help ya out if I can. There a world of knowledge on here and it keeps developing!

Welcome to miniriders!!!!

welcome mate!!
klx140s are like farm bikes (arnt they)!! if u have money u should get a kx65 they are sik n it would be a bit better size for u because it is a lil bt smaller than a klx140 but has power too!!it would be good 2 learn on a kx65 n you wont grow out of it that easy cause it is reliable n has enough power for u until your 14 or so!!

welcome mate!!
klx140s are like farm bikes (arnt they)!! if u have money u should get a kx65 they are sik n it would be a bit better size for u because it is a lil bt smaller than a klx140 but has power too!!it would be good 2 learn on a kx65 n you wont grow out of it that easy cause it is reliable n has enough power for u until your 14 or so!!

They are classified as a 'fun' bike - ie trails , hacking around on the farm , grass track motocross etc - a 'learn' to ride bike...

kx65's are tiny , the 140 is more comparable to the kx85 small wheel in size and power ( not same delivery obv.)

At 10 though the 65 would of been quite good if you where racing but the 140 is easy as to ride and are forgiving as.

Not convinced on the looks but...

mum said that the kx65 is too powerful and i should stick too a 4 stroke:rolleyes:

mum said that the kx65 is too powerful and i should stick too a 4 stroke:rolleyes:

Mum's on the ball , at 10 the klx will be perfect. The kx65 requires a far bit of maintanance due to how high it revs - wearing out the piston rings and pistons quicker. The klx is 100% bulletproof 4 stroke technology , nothing to them and are very simple bikes to work on!

The 4 stroke will be much much easier to ride and will see you progress further at riding and become much better than you would on a 65 which upon you would struggle to control the thing , loosing confidence and not progressing and improving.

You've made the right choice , especially because the 140 you wont grow out of as quick and has more 'get up and go' than the ttr125 and crf100 and the drz125 but still remains around the same size and delivery.

maybe get a crf80!!! yeh i agree with unit the klx140 has a easy n safe amount of power but has enough power 2 grow into!! the 4 strokes arnt as jerky as the 2 strokes! kx65's revvs are too high n hard 2 handle you'll be jumpin arond every where lol!!!

reg first post.. my bad..

But sweet looking bikes!! are you going for the standard or for the "L"?

Reckon 60% of the forum is melb. based! lol.. am sure there was a poll on it a while ago...

Learn to ride the bike properly before you start thinkin bout modifying it imo. being a quality bike you should be pretty right with most things straight up..

Its not about going fast.. Anyone can twist and hang on.. its about knowing the bikes capabilities and pushing them to the utmost ;)

Keep us posted on the purchase and kudos to your mum for makin a good decision!

klx.jpg
[/img]

When the klx140's 1st came in i did abit of research into them and they are classified as fun bikes but can handle jumps well. It was built to introduce people from fun muck around bikes to jumping. its in between lets say a klx110 and a kx85.

hope that helps you abit

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the KLX140 and the KLX140L?

Last edited:
taken from: Kawasaki Motors Australia [Kawasaki.com.au] - The home quality Motorcycle, ATV, MULE utility vehicle and JET SKI® watercraft.

KLX140

Maximum Fun Factor

The perfect bike for kids and young adults, the KLX140 has just the right level of power, handling and attitude to raise the fun factor to MAXIMUM.

Its smooth, easy to use power makes it a breeze for riders of all skill levels while plush, long travel suspension soaks up the bumps when the going gets rough. Powerful disc brakes pull the KLX140 up in a big hurry and KX inspired styling gives you a hint of the attitude that lies within.
Whether you're new to riding or after a capable, compact machine that gets the job done with a minimum of fuss ... the KLX140 is the perfect choice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KLX140L
Maximum Fun Factor

Based on the KLX140, but with larger (19" Front and 16"Rear) wheels and more ground clearance, the KLX140L is the perfect bike for older kids and young adults, with just the right level of power, handling and attitude to raise the fun factor to MAXIMUM.

Its smooth, easy to use power makes it a breeze for riders of all skill levels while plush, long travel suspension soaks up the bumps when the going gets rough. Powerful disc brakes pull the KLX140L up in a big hurry and KX inspired styling gives you a hint of the attitude that lies within.

Whether you're new to riding or after a capable, compact machine that gets the job done with a minimum of fuss ... the KLX140L is the perfect choice.
couldnt find anything about an F model...

Latest posts

Back