Good pit bike shop near Geelong

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rev86

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post I'm new to the site just trying to find a good shop that can tune my pit bike as my oko 28m is playing up bad and afew other things I wanted looked at I have a cxz175 ciniworx bike and don't want to drive all the way to pakenham again to get my bike done so looking for a good shop near Geelong or someone that can fix my pit bike up as I don't have the time to do it so looking for someone to fix it up so I can thrash the wheels of it

Or at least this side of Melbourne somewhere closer then buzz bikes, ciniworx and braaap there abit to far to go I will if I have to but would prefer somewhere closer that are good at working on pit bikes and have quality parts any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

isnt any pitbike shops out that way, there used to be city motorbikes near werribe but they shut down i think

Thanks for the reply I didn't think there was, owell guess ill have to make the big trip out past Melbourne, I did see a shop in baccus marsh about a year ago that sold pit pros but don't really know anything about the shop so not sure if there any good at repairs has anyone heard about this shop before

That sounds alright do you know if they have good mechanics there

Thanks for the reply I didn't think there was, owell guess ill have to make the big trip out past Melbourne, I did see a shop in baccus marsh about a year ago that sold pit pros but don't really know anything about the shop so not sure if there any good at repairs has anyone heard about this shop before

no problem, im having the same problem as im out colac, only non motocross hondas or suzuki up here have to order parts online for my kxf and pitbikes

Yeah it sucks I've just been riding my xr400 lately coz everytime I break something on the pitty it takes me ages to get it fix coz no one will touch them in Geelong and no one has parts for my ciniworx bike most people in Geelong havnt even seen a bike like mine been the cxz175 ciniworx there's none around here so makes it even harder

I don't think they have a mechanic at Highpoint, they will just tell you to go to Frankston as Highpoint is a massive shopping centre,

That sucks I was thinking they probably didn't have a mechanic at high point seen as there frankston store is so big, it's weird that there are no good pitbike shops this side of Melbourne doesn't make it easy for any of the Geelong people we had a shop in Geelong not long ago but it was rubbish

There is one here in Werribee/Hoppers Crossing area, TDR moto, the guy there is very annoying to deal with though, you will see an item on his Ebay store for $30 and he will sell it to you for $60, he also knows nothing about bikes, all he is good for is changing tyers.....

Haha no surprise he has no idea, it should be illegal to sell Tdr bikes if you can ride one of them 100 meters or more without anything falling off the bike then your doing well haha I wouldn't let them touch my bike ever sorry if this post offends anyone

In there defence you get what you pay for if you buy cheap you get cheap I guess

Haha no surprise he has no idea, it should be illegal to sell Tdr bikes if you can ride one of them 100 meters or more without anything falling off the bike then your doing well haha I wouldn't let them touch my bike ever sorry if this post offends anyone

My sister owns one, and it's a great little bike.... Well it was for the first 2-3 days, before the rear axle bent, then the replacement also bent, then the rear sproket got sheared in half, then the rear shock blew, and the last straw the front sproket detonated (yes thats the correct wording). But besides those "few" little things it's been a great bike :lol_hitting:

Back on topic, why not try to set it up yourself, there are more than enough tutorials on this site, let alone the knowledge of our spanner spinners. + it wouldn't cost you bugger all then (except for a few jets @ $5-10 a piece) + you then got the knowledge of how it all works for next time. Now being that it is a 28mm OKO known for being an absolute beach to tune, might be worth looking for a 26mm OKO or if you wanna pay the dollars a 28mm PE (Keihin) To finish with here is a link to get you started :)

http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/23986-those-about-rock-buying-oko-flatslides.html

and a few more bit n pieces
http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/

Good luck :)

Haha yep that sounds like a Tdr bike haha and I was thinking that timeeh I reckon ill get the oko26mm instead and I started working on my bike this morning before work coz I have a bigger problem at the moment my chain keeps coming off so I bort new chain 130 bucks! And ciniworx got me sprockets from uk got them put on Afair while ago and still had the same problem then I realised my front sprocket doesn't line up with the back one and it looks like my whole engine is slightly crocked like the chain has pulling it and moved it on an angle to the left so I unbolted the engine from the frame and I tryed to push it back over that's as far as I got coz I had to go to work

Haha yep that sounds like a Tdr bike haha and I was thinking that timeeh I reckon ill get the oko26mm instead and I started working on my bike this morning before work coz I have a bigger problem at the moment my chain keeps coming off so I bort new chain 130 bucks! And ciniworx got me sprockets from uk got them put on Afair while ago and still had the same problem then I realised my front sprocket doesn't line up with the back one and it looks like my whole engine is slightly crocked like the chain has pulling it and moved it on an angle to the left so I unbolted the engine from the frame and I tryed to push it back over that's as far as I got coz I had to go to work

Holy sheet, that dont sound right. Once those bolts are in the block that engine shouldn't/can't move. Make sure that it's not just that the back wheel needs aligning, if it's not this you may have a twisted swinga or frame. It could still be the engine but the only way i could think this would be possible is if youv'e snapped an engine bolt? Hopeully it's something simple :)

wow, for those $$$ it must be a good chain,
generally one like this should do the job-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENU..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0896e474&_uhb=1
or the more expensive one-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-DID-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0d37955e&_uhb=1

if you ride it heaps, i would replace the chain twice a year

anyway, make sure you use some chain lube on the new one too
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Castrol-Chain-Oil-250g.aspx?pid=4466#Cross

when you adjust it make sue the rear sprocket runs parallel to the rear,
a long straight edge can help adjust it so it's square.
it will need adjusting again after half an hour or so, once it settles in.

btw, what jetting are you running in the OKO 28mm ?

or with the engine moving, loose bolts can elongate the holes too
might pay to check the swingarm front bearings while you are at it.

Could the top engine mounts twist I was thinking maybe one of them mite of bent I don't know I'm abit worried about it and the wheel bearing chain and sprockets are only 2 rides old and I bort the most expensive chain ciniworx had and the best sprockets I spent 600 bucks on it at ciniworx and when Eddie had it he didn't say anything about anything been bent I got him to look over the whole bike coz the chain keeped coming off but when I got it back it happend again and the carbies started to play up again straight away after I got it back I mite just have to take it back to Eddie and get him to look over it again not sure what the jetting is it's still the same jetting from when brad199 was racing it

Latest posts

Back