Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used beach sand to take my Holden ute back to bare metal, 10 years later there is still sand coming out of cracks and crevices :).

I like the finish that beach sand leaves, paint sticks well to it, ilminite leaves a similar finish to sand when new and as it wears out leaves a finish like glass, it does worry me what is in the black powder.

My large cabinet has a ventilation system and I always wait a while till the dust has settled to open the door but with the small cabinet running the glass I have to tape the door shut to keep the dust in, bloody cheap POS, need to build a heavy duty small cabinet to match my big unit.

Last edited:
The pickup I can't say we have sand everywhere Lol but that's my dad every bit of that truck he perfected and he had on run behind the cab....repainted the whole truck. Add in some weather stripping for cheap like car type deal and an external latch u may not need tape

Last edited:
With the small blasting cabinet didn't pay much for it and it's worth even less, the door appears to be made out of thin gal strap that is not real strong, added new stripping but the door bent, it flexes/bows quite a bit under pressure, will end up making a new door or add a few more latches.

My mate just purchased a vapour blasting unit so I might not be using the glass blaster for much longer :) .

I bought some more blasting grit the other week and swapped that with the glass bead's in the blaster to do a bit of rust removal.
I also changed the fluro lighting to 12v led's for a bit better lighting, and i don't have to run an extension cord to power it either.
Oh, and i added a couple of gas strut's to hold the lid open, found them at bunning's for $1 the pair, clearance stock

And the other day i found a place to buy Sodium Bicarbonate (Bi Carb soda) too
The supermarket sells a small box for a couple of $, then i found a 2kg bag at the wholesale supermarket for $4.
The soda i found the other day was for sale at $8 a bag so i grabbed 2, each bag weigh's 25kg !! might go back for more at some stage

Latest posts

Back