Head swapping and modification Q's (Lifan)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clunk

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a Lifan 140 head will definitely bolt straight onto a Lifan 150 barrel and cases using the 150 timing chain, cam, head gasket and sprocket??

And if so what are the differences, such as valve sizes, combustion chamber cm3 , cam specs, valve lift, etc.

Are all the parts such as valves, followers(rocker arms), valve springs, etc interchangeable between the to heads??

Is there is a performance gain from fitting a 140 head to a 150 using the 150 cam?

I've hit up the search button as well as google and have found the odd post among other forums suggesting it is possible to use a 140 head on a 150.

Im just concerned about the larger bore diameter and piston of the 150 compared to the slightly smaller combustion chamber of the 140 head.

My main concern is that the piston will strike the head as the motor turns over but this is an uneducated worry which a more knowledgeable person may correct me on.I have read the blog talking about "quench" but i just want to make sure it'll be ok.

Any help would be great :beerchug:

Last edited:
Heads should be mostly the same. If 150 has stock piston, it should clear. Some 140's have the lower lift cam. Compare the base circle to lobe height. Small one has 5.5mm diff. Big is 6.8 or so, from memory.

Wow that's a big difference in lift! Clunk, you might want to put come clay on top of the piston and roll it gently through all 4 strokes. The thickness of the clay will show you your actual clearance. I replaced the stock one with a thinner copper head gasket to my 140 and tested clearance this way.

you may aswell go for the tb head for these engines (look at tbolt usa) it has large valves

Latest posts

Back