Hello from Detroit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, might have been modified at some stage.
Yeah that's a MR16 downlight, you can actually get some super bright led version's of that light too, but they are a bit deeper, they draw bout 1/4 of the power.
Cool Warm White Energy Saving GU1 MR16 E27 COB LED Light Bulb Downlight 12W 15W | eBay

The starter solenoid can be mounted anywhere you want.

The extra wire's at the back of the bike is there a Black w/white stripe and a green, sometime's they have an extra plug for a remote kill switch there.

Keep in mind those little bike's aren't that strong, weld on the frame will brake with an adult riding it.
Have you had it running yet? They are quite loud for a little engine!

If the bike is anything like the one's i've worked on the carby will be gummed up inside.
Pull it off and apart, and spray a heap of carby cleaner through it, you'll probably need to pull a thin strand of wire through any jet's etc, and then give it a good blow out with compressed air to check all the hole's are open.
Check the air filter is clean, and put some fresh 2 stroke in it mixed at 32/1, 3.2litres petrol to 100 ml's oil.
Chuck a new NGK spark plug in it too, those china plug's are really bad.

I assumed it was a pull start, there is a yellow button, the harness says start, do some have a starter? Is this a starter button,

No I have not had it running yet.
I need to measure for a battery, and I'm waiting on the handful of parts I ordered, one more, I noticed today 2 plugs, what kind of oil goes in, Trans or what ever you call it?

You can get them will electric start, but they might use the same switch on both model's

Pic of the plug's ?
They don't have any oil in them, it get's premixed with your fuel if it is a 2 stroke
Is there an expansion chamber on the left side of the engine ?

I'll take some better detail pics of the engine and what looks like fill plugs for a gear oil tomorrow. Thanks.

The PC that holds the key, charge port and switch, where is this found on this style of bike? I don't see anywhere it can go??

I cleaned up the headlight housing, I used Neverdull wadding, looks brand new, you guys got this down under?
All I need is a bulb to test the wiring.

We have a similar product called Briteshine.
It's not that good, it dull's the polished outer's of my Convo Pro's

briteshine.jpg

Another product I use a lot is Novus, it comes in #1, 2, and 3. It's a polish for plastic, #2 works great on plastic chrome. Also on tail light lens. #1 is the cleaner for plastic. 3 is gritty for heavily scratched or like a yellowed headlamp glass.
I used magic wadding on the alum rims of this broke, it did a nice job

I tested the horn and it works. I may remove the engine and take it to a lawn mower repair place, they won't work on bikes for insc reasons, plus I could detail it better off the frame.

Last edited:
#2 works nice on the plastic rag top Jeep Windows too. I gave a bottle to a bud that has an old CJ5. Loves it.
Look at the link for a pic.
Sears.com

Last edited:
I have the harness together temporally together to test all the wires, then put in back on the bike, wrap it and put the plastic shield back on. I'm going to pick up a battery tomorrow. The horn worked, and the headlight is at the home stores here. I may just take the engine Ono the mower shop, they won't work on bikes so I will mount it on a PC of plywood. I'm curious if the starter works.

I picked up a 12V 20 W outdoor build reflector for the headlight. I'm ready to buy a battery and put the harness back on, test it, and mount the Key/charging port, can anyone post up a pic where it goes? It has a fuse in it too, I'm going to bring the bike in my shop in my house on Monday, it's so cold here now I don't want to mess with it this weekend. I'll post some pics. I think I want to remove the engine, mount it to a PC of plywood that can be clamped to a bench. They won't work on mini bikes. I need some kind of a lube for the chain, what's a good oil for that? The chain was rusty, maybe I should get a new one? I'm thinking oil it up and use it.

As long as there's no stiff link's the chain might be ok for a test ride, soak it in some kerosene for a few hour's, dry it off and use some Castrol chain oil on it, (about $10 aerosol tin)

90528.jpg

Sound's like you might be better off replacing it, some of the little bike's use uncommon chain's too,
Match up the width and pitch of the chain as there are a few different one's, eg T8F, 25H, 35H, 410, 415 etc etc

picture-1.png

1013580743_258.jpg

en_49cc_Dirt_Bike_Motorcycle_49cc_Motor_Bike_20151130133252.jpg

I don't remember, is there a master link on these bikes?

I was out measuring the battery tray and I noticed two welded on threaded nuts, like where something bolts to, I think the key/charge part goes there. I would have never thought that low on the frame.

When it's all back together I lol pop for a new chain.

Here's a better one of the Bike before I started to work on it. I put it up on Craig's List this past summer but I really didn't want to sell it. With the help here it will get done by this summer. Thanks to all that helped.
I don't like the color of blue, plus there was decals on everything. I'm thinking new paint. Haven't picked a color yet.

Today the engine goes in the shop, I removed the exhaust, it's a single that splits in two, I took the exhaust off and I noticed play in the motor, like if ou were to split it in two, the top moves a bit, I'm bummed, it may be junk.
What would a better motor cost? One that would bolt up to the gear box that I have? Maybe this one can be fixed, I'll keep you informed. I'll post a good pic off the bike later tiday. Well, yesterday for you guys in Oz land. Lol

I just dropped off the motor. Good thing I bought a mower from them, they didn't want to work on it. Being a Chinese knockoff type. There's plenty of compression, the first thing he checked. I had to ask again to check it out. It's on a $70 hold if it more to call.
What a "B" getting the mount bolts out. I deff have to get a long metric alłen or a Allen socket type. Here's a few of the motor off the bike. If I need a new motor wheres a good place to get one that will bolt up?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back