Hello from Detroit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you go into your photobucket account and click on that pocket bike album.
To the right of the bold album title at the left near the top of the page there is a padlock next to it.
Click on the padlock and change the setting from private to public, that'll fix the pic's here

I don't have any pics that are not posted, I post all I take, lol the rest is just F body stuff.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to do on the seat, 1/2 the covering is issuing, I have the tank cover that's it, I can make a seat but will it look rite. Not sure what to do, this is why it was pushed in a corner of the garage all these years, does anyone have any pics of what they did with 1/2 the cover missing? I have some plywood and a PC of bending luan to mock up a seat, just not sure what to make it look like. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I didnt get out to the Bike shop, bummer. But I found a can of paint to re spray the painted pcs on the motor. ( starter/trans case)

Last edited:
I stopped at a bike shop today but they didn't have any parts. They did tell me if this place. I'll try it this weekend

Blackbeard Powersports

Ebay has tons of stuff on there for pit bikes. Some of the stuff is hit an miss as far as ehat will fit but even at the prices if its wrong its no loss. Try American Classic Motors as well 610-754-8500. There in Pennsylvania. They have some basic stuff. Like chains grips graphics cdi boxes. Random stuff like that.

It was a warm day today, so I removed the small sprocket and sanded down the painted parts on the motor and sprayed them with the silver paint. Came out nice. Took a small wire wheel to the sprocket snd the shaft. Looking better all the time. ( before)

I sanded the chain guard down & primed it. I'll use the same silver I used on the motor. the cheap chrome rusted rite through it. Got a few more pcs ready to put the motor back together, I'm not sure what to do on the skid plate. It looks like s Steel but it's rusting. I'll DA it down and prime it, hammer and dolly it a bit, The pc of wood has a hammer tone paint I might use. Or just go black. I wasn't going to out it back on but it gives the bike a cool look.

Last edited:
I finished the tank yesterday. I had it soaking for about 3 days. I put a handful of aquarium rocks and a big squirt of Soft Scrub w/Bleach in it, put a cork in the fuel line hole and shook it, it came out complete clean on the inside. Then I put my new fuel line kut w/ the grommet in. I re used the spring protector case thing. Another part ready to go back on. Well, I still need a cap. I can't seem to dint the rite one.
Today I'm cleaning up the skid plate and the kick stand.

Last edited:
Digging around on line I found a pic that looks alot like the Bike I'm working on

The kick stand and skid plate are ready to paint. I'll leave the edges on the skid plate chrome and the flat center part painted. Not sure on the paint yet going back and forth. Lol

Last edited:
Can't be too much further away now bud?

Bet your hanging to take it for a spin.

I still don't have a seat, battery, gas cap, rear brake lever, charger, some bolts, but close, lol. Yes the
e weather is getting warm and I want to take it for a spin. I'm still thinking about having the frame repainted.
While it's all apart.
The black and red wire off the magneto is for the kill switch rite?

I still don't have a seat, battery, gas cap, rear brake lever, charger, some bolts, but close, lol. Yes the
e weather is getting warm and I want to take it for a spin. I'm still thinking about having the frame repainted.
While it's all apart.
The black and red wire off the magneto is for the kill switch rite?

Yeah bud would think so.

A quick paint job on the motor and it's ready to go back on the bike now. Maybe black on the skid plate. It's primed and ready to paint.

Last edited:
I ordered my parts today, got it all but a Gas cap and the grip trim caps. I need 1, it's the small cap that screws on the end of the grip. I don't see anyone that has them. I need the new key switch to finish the harness. As soon as I get the parts I can stat to put it sll back together. One brake has a broken handle the other isn't returning rite. Not sure if its a cable or what. What gives it the return, a spring?

I used gray hammer tone on the skid plate, looks pretty durable, so I'll use it on the kickstand and the chain guard too. I got a buddy that runs a paint shop, I just asked him if he would spray the frame while it's still al apart. It's a good time to re grease all the bearings and clean everything up now.

I'm waiting for the parts I ordered from Miami, I cant do anything till I get the key/switch. Here's the finished chain guard and skid plate. I like the chrome on the side of the plate.

O

I found a harness in the garage , I cut most of it out but the two thick wires have nice rubber coated terminals, should work out nice fir the battery. All I have to do is trim it down & crimp on two terminals that will go on to the orig plug on the Chinese harness. Plus it has a thick sleeve I'll re use.
The new brake lever is metal way nicer than the plastic crappy one that came on the bike. Ill order the other side I think.

Latest posts

Back