help and opinions on parts and making a custom

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajaay

Reaction score
so im thinking of starting a custom build making my 2nd bike :D
just wondering what i need to get where to get it whats good so on

so im guessing a frames the starting point would be a decent china frame crf50 style under about 200 ? anyone know any i cant find much

mate you might need to add a lot more to your description for an honest answer..

what do you plan on doing with the bike? (type of riding)
what quality are you looking to buy? (brands?)
wheel size plays a big part in it too!! as does engine size!!

dhz has one frame and its not even in stock

sorry mate im new to this but mostly tracks like frankston
and im not sure what engine il put in it does it matter much??

cheers guys

well for the frame and swinga you want to stay with one brand so its a match, you also need to know what size rear to use..

just a heads up tho.. building a custom bike will always be dearer than buying one already built..

as for quality there isnt too much available.. dhz, ciniworx etc. just stick to the well known brands

what do you mean by rear size mate?
yer i realised that but i dont mind im in no rush just buy parts as i go already got a fastace shock with a remote reservoir to use :)

dont have a acctualy set budget like i said above but i realise its going to be a piece by piece build over a few months or so but wanting decent parts but nothing to expensive cos im only 16 haha dont have much cash flow

i know how it feels,
he means thats swingers have a set size. eg. stock crf50 can only support 10" wheels (i think lol)

cheers mate

ahh i reckon but such is life
oh sweet that makes it clearer

cheeers viper

but yer im just going to stick with a 12 :)

what do you mean by rear size mate?
yer i realised that but i dont mind im in no rush just buy parts as i go already got a fastace shock with a remote reservoir to use :)

dont have a acctualy set budget like i said above but i realise its going to be a piece by piece build over a few months or so but wanting decent parts but nothing to expensive cos im only 16 haha dont have much cash flow

sorry mate. head thinking faster than the fingers can type..

by rear size i meant rear shock size.. ya cant just mix and match without consequences..

gotta do ya home work mate... like i said get a matching frame and swinga and see what shocks suite it from a complete version

thats the problem though i havnt been able to find many frames
i was hoping someone would know of some decent ones

Latest posts

Back