help crack in the motor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yer its elec start,,,, so that mean the motor is fucked or can u jst fit a new magneto cover and then put oil in again??

dude its the magneto cover for one and theres not supposed to be oil in there!!! youve cracked your engine case. its just easier to buy a new motor

oath thats what i been saying since the start.
i wouldn't be using anything to patch a whole in the crankcase, cause more than probably dislodge inside the crankcase and float around and destroy/wear then engine.

judging by ur questions you don't no much, so it will be hard for you.
(no offense)

lol thnk ,,, coulnt be that hard , we jst remmber how we got it off and do the same to put it back on

thanks for the help

^^^^ LOL nice theory of putting it back on the way u took it off

like thabomb said its pretty much the same price as a motor so u will rather just buy a new motor
well i would

well im sure if he had the money for a new motor he probby wood but as were like 16 with shitty jobs i dont think thats happing

you can still get enough money i only work at maccas and almost finished building a custom bike in 3 week all from just working there so you cn get the money for the new motor.

If that's just the electric starter drive chain you might get away with patching it up ... My brother has a knack for smashing timing cases and ignition stators on his Loncin engines ... He neatly pop rivetted a strip of alloy sealed with slicone to the flywheel cover in front of the sprocket ... but his engines weren't electric start ...

Since that engine IS an elec start ... they have a thick 18 mm spacer between the right left hand side crank case and the flywheel cover ... So you might just be able to do a Selleys liquid steel repair job ... OR a pop rivet/alloy strip repair job or a combination of BOTH if the edge of the left crank case is damaged ... LOL ...

If the oil leak is only minor which it looks like , then you might be lucky and haven't damaged the LH crank case ... IF you have ... then it's a complete engine tear down , and I mean EVERYTHING except the gear clusters ... in which case you'd better know what you're doin' ... That new engine advice is startin' to look pretty good ...

A guy brought a bike to me to check out ... it was leaking oil from a crack in front of the countershaft sprocket ... I could see instantly that it was caused by excessive chain tension pulling the sprocket shaft back wards ... You need to run a decent quality chain on these things and keep it tensioned correctly ... IF there are tight and loose spots when you rotate the rear wheel then your chain is stuffed ... it has stretched in spots from getting yanked when the swingarm passes the parallel position as a result of being too tight ... A stretched chain can't be properly tensioned and will come off regularly ... causing broken cases , stator plates and unevenly worn sprocket teeth ...

coerrect me if im rong but with the elecy starts the chain that goes from the elecy to the crank shaft is mounted behind the magneto but outside of the engine case?? so if oil has leeked he has craked the engine case??

Latest posts

Back