How to secure your pride and joy ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are both pure bred Amstaffs.
Gettin over my back fence and into my yard is easy but i sincerely wish you all the luck in the world gettin out of my yard cause i highly doubt you will get out in one piece.

i leave my keys in my bikes, even in sydney or cabramatta...with my helmet on the mirror...occcasionally with my jacket there...i still have my bikes:)

only dog im scared of is a chihuahua:p teeth like razors...quick, so small its hard to kick them properly.... oh...did i mention i leave one with my bikes?:p

nah...i guess its all on the area you live in... or maybe just a mindset?

hanging fish hooks at eye level ?

My garage is so full of crap it will take you at least an hour to get the bikes out , you would only need to take one look to re-asses the situation and realise its just not worth the effort.

hahaha nafe thats pretty funny.

i could imagine you going into the garage one morning and finding your bike is gone, and all the crap in your garage has been neatly sorted and stacked

my dad would be over the moon, probly give me $10 or something for cleaning up. lol

only dog im scared of is a chihuahua:p teeth like razors...quick, so small its hard to kick them properly.... oh...did i mention i leave one with my bikes?:p

Yeah Chihuahua's can most certainly be savage little mugs ... They've got excellent hearing too ... :p

Rabbitearedchwywy.jpg

I've thought of welding up a small bike shed like a rectangular cage with wheel racks inside then sheeting it over ... The hinges need to be difficult to get at and the locks need to be shrouded so thieves can't get bolt cutters near 'em ... There's also cordless grinders with cutting discs which can make short work of most hardened chains , cables or locks ... I've made hundreds of site boxes that were left out on site bolted to the ground with all the tradesmens tools in 'em ... and none of them were ever broken into or stolen ... You'd need an oxy set to get into 'em ...

keep your bike with other more expensive jap bikes
my bike stays at my sisters house with hers and her boyfriends and the bikes will go befor my lol.
she has a honda cr85 and he a yz450f and i got a pitty. lol

I just put mine in the garage and lock the door... simple really haha

Thats exactly what I do how hard could it be? Maybe it's because I live in a pretty good nieghbourhood that I don't think much about it.

in my area you could put you bike up on the road with a sign saying free and no one would touch it :D

i just reckon a decent chain and maybe attach it to a dyna bolt in the concrete floor of the garage?

bike locked. i think the only person who would steal mine would be the neighbours so i'm not riding it around my back yard

Here's Kaiin one of my dingoes ..... IF someone was stupid enough to try and steal my bike he'd close the deal in about a minute and it wouldn't be pretty

DSC02421.jpg

Thing is anyone that comes out here and doesn't know him won't get outta their car ... let alone steal my sh@t :D

Here's Kaiin one of my dingoes ..... IF someone was stupid enough to try and steal my bike he'd close the deal in about a minute and it wouldn't be pretty

DSC02421.jpg

Thing is anyone that comes out here and doesn't know him won't get outta their car ... let alone steal my sh@t :D

aaawww i WANT ONE ;)

chain and padlock on the gate, staffy and golden retriever in back yard, 3 padlocks on shed door, 1 inch thick wire rope that goes through all 7 bikes in the shed, so they are thied all together, and a disc lock on the motovert rx125.

its kinda a pain taking 15 minutes in the morning to get the motovert out and another 15 minutes to put it away of a night but better safe than sorry.

dREADFUL THAT is one good looking dingo, how purebreed is it????

As pure as it gets mate he was a small pup when I got him , some redneck trappers had shot his mum on Nungatta mountain in the vic alps and I heard he was on a chain being used as bait .

So I went over , threw 200 bucks on the ground told them I was taken him and it wouldn't be in their best interest to try n stop me ...he was only 6 or 8 weeks max and he almost didn't make it .Took me a month to get him to eat outta my hand which was the first trust he showed me ....Took me years and the patience of ghandi to train him but I did ....I live on the dalgety plains surrounded by sheep farms ...he wouldn't of lasted a week if I didn't

... he's smarter than anyones business and light years ahead of any guard dog in the scrub ....he doesn't bark he just goes out and flanks them and comes in a foot behind em ...when I say "all good mate I got a dingo .... he says WHERE !!!!!!

I say "he's half a foot behind ya " :D

Won't take a bait ... was living in town last year when someone tried to bait him ... I came out the back in the morning to 7 dead magpies a couple of steaks ... won't eat ANYTHING of anyone else .... but yeah training him :rolleyes: they say ya can't but ya can ...it's sorta like training a cat .. frustrating if ya let it get to you. Raise ya hand once in the first 2 years and lose em forever I kid you not .Most of all you need time alot of time

Toilet trained from the start .... but once he thought I was spending too much time on the computer and he took a dump on my keyboard !!!

NEVER shat inside before or since .... and to be truthful I was spending too much time on the computer as I was editing clips for the local tv channel ... so couldn't really blame him.... I just bought a new keyboard :D

DSC02339.jpg

Last edited:
thats just slack using a pup a coulpe of weeks old, i couldn't train anything, lol, what did you do to him/her after taking a dump on your keyboard??? it was funny reading that though. good looking dingo though.

Yeah cheers mate he's a cool hound

and yeah seeing him on the chain pretty well had me revving to punch on from the get go ... funny they didn't wanna go at all, I'm an ex paratrooper and I'm told I can be a bit menacing when my blood gets up and it sure was up .... I gave em a pretty good mouth full and was almost hoping that they would have a go but they didn't say a word ... tough guys :rolleyes:

Didn't do anything but buy a new keyboard .... like I said he was right and the message was pretty clear so I wasn't even mad .... I was doin 12 to 14 hour stints editing .... even my chick had been getting the shits but didn't have the courage to say anything .

So he took it into his own hands :D

Never once before never once since ...not even a piss.... not even as a pup.:D

Latest posts

Back