How to secure your pride and joy ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nostalgia

Reaction score
Hi all, as you may have seen in a thread started by me, i have just bought a bike and i want to make sure it stays mine.

How do you guys keep your bikes secure ?

I have thought of the obvious chains and padlocks but bolt cutters do exist.

Any other options and advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Adam.

brake disk locks work well.

and the obvious if its got a key dont leave it in it. and dont park it somewhere that can be seen by everyone and anyone walking or driving past.

I got a pushy in my back yard with a $30 chain I got from the bike shop, people have tried to cut it loose with bolt cutters and only got through the plastic casing lol
or if your really paranoid you can get a super HD lock from your local jap bike shop for like $150 but I wouldn't bother, I seriously doubt anyone's gonna put much effort into stealing a pitpro

yeah like dvdrip said aslong as you get a thick enough chain, theyre gonna need a huge pair of bolt cutters and probably 2 people to be able to cut through it.

haha, good one poulsen8r, Fire Blinds, not kills, thats funny.

keep it in your room, misses has a problem theres a lounge

I have a Fence with a thick padlock on it then a couple metres more another small fence.
I then have the bikes in the shed, the shed has a thick padlock on it and is guarded by a Staffy and Rottweiler. In the shed i have the bikes on their stands. Thick ass chain( that is near impossible to break through) around the back wheel to the support of the shed( the support is cementd into da ground.) Iv got a disc locks on the front and rear discs.

Theres also some booby traps along the way(DOG S#IT)

i live in the most scmmy town and i dont have any sought of lock or chain,the only thing that could try and stop them is my whining little mongrel dog wockie!!!lolhe'll nibble there toes off

i don't need anything but a padlock(most of the time unlocked:eek: ), thats what you get for living out on a farm

Last edited:
Hmm... yeah i'm not so sure about that lol... I had a massively thick cable lock around my push bike and it still got stolen...

they probably didnt use bolt cutters, i cant imagine people would get too far walking around the city with a massive pair of bolt cutters. the ones that are like 1m long and weigh a good 10kg, theyre the ones you need to cut the really thick chain

just get some 10mm high tensile lifting chain, you WILL not cut it with bolt cutters, you need a grinder or cut off saw to cut it.......and if they used a grinder im sure you would here them cutting then ya can go break their face:D......i sell this stuff at work and have tried to cut it with bolt cutters and there is no way ya can unless ya the hulk or something.

i had tie hooks bolted to the floor of my garage to keep my YZ safe.

but someone broke in and used bolt cutters and goneeeee.

i use a disc lock with montion alarm now..

I just put mine in the garage and lock the door... simple really haha

I do the same!! lol. Although I did just purchase a motion sensor alarm. Great units and only cost me $70. Have the speaker run into the house and it is fricken loud. Got me beating stick beside the bed (old clublock) and I'm sorted.

My bikes are chained to the floor and my garage is alarmed failing that they have to get past these 2

Last edited:
you could always get 1 of these

30032009117.jpg

and my z50 is in my lounge room

Motovert Pro what breed is the dog on the right? he looks like an awsome dog
Snitchy what breed is he?

Burglar alarms are useless if you're not at home that's why a good tough dog beats any security system hands down, too bad my dogs a F'n sissy, I need an upgrade.

my bike's in the lounge room too, if anyone wants it they gotta go through me and my baseball bat first.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back