installing a headlight kit to my gpx150cc motor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wha77

Reaction score
hey guys i just brought a headlight kit for my pit bike off ebay, and it doesnt come with instructions does anyone know how to wire it up?
my motor has 2 spare yellow wires coming out of it and the light kit came withe the switch as well as a voltage regulator.
it would be great if somebody could help me !lol

I'm not sure if the GPX motors come standard with a charging circuit but there should be a white and a yellow wire not 2 yellow wires. Do you have a digital multimeter? if you do set it on AC voltage and put one probe on each wire and you should get a voltage. I think i read somewhere that the white wire on the GPX is earther to the motor and you have to remove it and solder on a length of wire. If you can find the white wire test it using the multimeter on AC voltage against both yellow wires and you should get a voltage between some ocmbination of the white and a yellow wire. If you cant find an AC voltage anywhere then you will have to buy a stator with a charging circuit. I wouldn't go wiring anything until you know that there is an AC output in those wires because if there isn't it will most like fry your new kit.

here is a few picture if it helps

Attachments

• 19042009063.jpg
    19042009063.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 19042009061.jpg
    19042009061.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 19042009062.jpg
    19042009062.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 19042009064.jpg
    19042009064.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 19042009065.jpg
    19042009065.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 58
i just started bike and and checked bothe wires (im not the best with multimetres)but it was reading anywhere between 5.8 up to 12.6 does this mean anything lol

Yeah that sounds good. You test the yellow wires against each other or the yellow and white?

i know there is a 2 pin plug (blue wire and brown wire) which is for the kill switch and the 3 green wires are earth for each bulb i just dont know about the rest and yeah about the two on my motor

i tested each yellow wire, i dont have a white wire coming out of my motor i only have the two yellow ones with female connections on the ends, what do u mean by test them against each other?

OK its as i thought. You will have to take off you fly wheel cover and try to find the white wire. It will be screwed to the motor somewhere under there. Let me know when you have got it

i got my laptop outside beside my bike, i got the cover off and a see a;green wire, a blue wire with a white stripe, black wire with a red stripe and two yellow wires

Latest posts

Back