installing a headlight kit to my gpx150cc motor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trying to think, its been a long time since i rewired my postie...

ok, my lifan on the yamoto.... 2 yellow. reading 6.6 volts ac between them, 3.6 between either and earth. the blue and the black wire read 70 volts between them at idle....these are the wires that will be rectified and regulated for charging the battery up. goddamn, im about to strip it down anyways, so....ill be back. maybe. but i swear my lights are 12v.... the battery is... but the battery runs my lights directly as well...

but i undo the damn plug and it stops!!! and its got nothing to do with the cdi unit....but i got some fancy safety switch thing on the kickstand, so that would be it...

ahhhh this is driving me insane lol... So your (wha77) wiring looks something like this :
Rect.gif

Ok thats a little better. Just need to earth the negative of the lights to get them to work

Last edited:
Man all i can say right now is that there must be something wrong with that switch part or how its all hooked up. It doesn't make sense for the tail light to work but the other not to. Can you take a few pics of the switch and where the red wire from the rectifier hooks up to the switch?

guess what something we have done seams to be working, nice aand bright at about half throttle, not sure what it was but ive just been doing everything that u said and now its just randomly decided to work

Yay sounds good man. I guess it will just need to be all soldered and taped up properly now. Chuck us up some pics when you are done!

haha what can i say lol. I'll write this into a tutorial so everyone doesnt have to read all that lol. I had fun helping you, hope it all works great i'm always (almost) here if you need more help or anything. just one last thing, i'd probably try not to rev to hard when the lights are on coz you don't want to blow the bulbs. If you can get a small 12V battery or battery pack it would help keep the voltage more even so that it doesnt skyrocket to 40V.

lol too easy thankyou heaps again, if i didnt have u helpin me with that my bike prob would of seen the hammer lol, yeah im going to try and find a battery for it

Looks great man. Would you mind just giving me a few details on what type of lighting kit and where/how much it cost? That would be great so other people could use it too.

Tutorial is all written and submitted just awaiting approval from moderators. I will post the link here when it is approved.

Latest posts

Back