Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoozo

Banned Wanker of the Century
Reaction score
I'm just thinking I probably need to get some good wrist guards. As the left one has been broken 3 times and the right one twice. Has anyone got some suggestions as to what has saved them? The whole personal protection things has advanced somewhat from when I was last riding and didnt care about breaking stuff....6-10 weeks off with full pay, Accident insurance is GOOD but not breaking things is better. I run a small business now and dont really need to be breaking bones!!! So protection all the way this round!

Decent wrist guards are around $350 to $450. Not cheap but a sound investment IMO.

I'd like to know a little more about your full pay income protection though! All the policies I've had have only ever covered 75%?

Decent wrist guards are around $350 to $450. Not cheap but a sound investment IMO.

I'd like to know a little more about your full pay income protection though! All the policies I've had have only ever covered 75%?

This was a few years back mind you, DH wasnt really main stream. Really you just have to get it and talk to the insurance company and say, I'm not out there trying to hurt myself, I dont race(if you dont) and they should play ball....better off going through an insurance broker as well! They can always get you a better policy more tailored to your needs :thumbup:

Then again if you dont make a ton....you can go on sick leave on centrelink...or welfare what ever they call it now....its not much but should pay the rent and give you enough to eat....and make some home brew ;)

Last edited:
There is a nifty trick Cordogs.

I insured myself for more than I earn. That way when they take 80% out of it, it's my whole wage.

Tricky tricky. :)

Yeah that's a bit of overkill hence why they would want all that. lol

Didn't ask me for anything as the figure is in the ball park.

Yeah that's the go! Way better than workers comp too.

Just opened up the old tappatalk, I haven't used it in ages! Hence why I'm only now seeing all these older threads. :)

Yeah that's the go! Way better than workers comp too.

Just opened up the old tappatalk, I haven't used it in ages! Hence why I'm only now seeing all these older threads. :)

And you call yourself a MR mod!! hahahaha

Make sure you update Tappatalk if you haven't. New version is even better.

I can get 100percent coverage, 75pc through income protection and my union membership covers the gap :)

Latest posts

Back