Karlos's LXR Twin Cam Daytona build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karlos247

Reaction score
G'day all, I'm gonna start this thread to show my bike as it changes to suit my stylings. It may be slow to start as I try to learn how to navigate this site. Posting pics will be my first challenge.
I bought my 2011 Pitster Pro LXR off a mate who raced it successfully before returning to racing big bikes. The Daytona 150 twin cam was already fitted when I bought it and was definitely the reason I was sold on this bike (as he had/has other lxr's for sale)
I was also keen on this bike knowing it was already race prepped and ready to go with little mods all over it.
When I found it, it had been sitting in his shed for approx 18 months gathering dust. Flat tires and stale fuel in the tank. A splash of fresh juice and she fired up 2nd kick. Hearing the crack of that twin cam motor and I was sold.!!
I got her home and gave it a good going over. Cleaned out the carb, cleaned and oiled the air filter, went over all the nuts n bolts, pumped up the tires and took her for a blat down the park. Instantly blown away by the power and rev range of this engine I couldn't wait to get her on the track. This bike is my return to the Moto scene after a 5 year hiatus. I used to race minis back in the hay day until I broke my knee avian and forced me to sell my race bike and some gear and hang up my helmet. I always said I'd be back for Vets class and well now I'm 36 and I've got that itch again so here I am.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371424030.155541.jpg
Here she is at our first time at the track together. For me was the first time on a motorcross track in over 5 years. This is at Fort Lytton mx track Queensland

My first few laps I was sketchy as ****. The track was rough as. Fully chewed up by big bikes. Acceleration bumps outa corners, brakey bumps into corners. I whiskey throttling al over the place. Arm pump set in in only a few laps and I was back in the pits (checking over the bike) making sure she was all sweet

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371424589.230236.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371424613.524039.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371424639.564577.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371424661.037265.jpg
An order had already been made to Dhz for new plastics and a few other bits and pieces. I had got to work with StyleMx graphics on a full custom sticker kit.

Damn man nice ride mate im in awe. I bet shes goes like the clappers.

My next day out was a race day at Fort Lytton club day. Was all packed up with bike prepped and gear packed but the rain gods were against us that day. Racing was called off :(ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371425638.730356.jpg
My sticker kit had not arrived yet so I put Howies plastics back on and cover his numbers so I could run mine again.
I was still super keen to ride so I headed out to Queensland Motor Park.
I was having an awesome days riding cutting lap after lap after lap. Really getting to know the bike characteristics and getting used to its amazing power from the twin cam. My fitness is not what it used to be and as I tired I got lazy, seat bouncing a set of doubles when I really should of hit it standing up. It pogo'd me over the handlebars and crunched me hard into the dirt. I broke my wrist, broke my elbow and broke two ribs. I'm home from work for awhile healing. Money is tight for a bit but the list of bling I want to buy is getting longer

nice score on the bike, bet you got it for a good price too !!!

i love your bike anyway, i would have had trouble keeping calm looking at it to buy,
and trying not to look too keen.
well done !

we go riding out in the country a couple of hours away, and i'm always looking off the road over to peoples places, at the big sheds on their propertys, just wondering what jems they may hold ?
i'm into old cars and bikes, and am always hearing about bard finds etc, eg Falcon GT's and the like just sitting there for 20+ years unused, gathering dust.
there must be hundreds of bikes around the place too.....

my next job i might have to start up an Australian Pickers style shop, like the shows on TV.
travelling around looking for dusty/rusty gold !!

and look into setting up a photobucket account too, big pics ftw !
i have over 2400 photo's stored in my account, cars, bikes, etc etc and am only using 59% of my storage.
http://s598.photobucket.com/user/xrf...?sort=3&page=1

register for a Photobucket account here- https://secure.photobucket.com/register
it's good because it will automatically resize the pics to suit forums etc,
and you don't have any troubles with the HD photos' file sizes being to big.

cheers,
craig

I got the photobucket app and was trying to work it out. Then a dude on here told me about that other app saying it was easy to use and post pics. Are all these pics coming up small?

nah, it's just you need to click on the pictures to enlarge them, then click back to come back to your post.
it's just a bit easier.
i have the android app for Photobucket, it can be a little slow to load up pics sometimes.
i just load my phone pics to my pc, then transfer them to my PB account.

yea seen one of the boys race this bike and win at mudgee NSW 2010 high roller tour was mega quick!

well done on the build thread karl keen to watch this page pumpin!!

yea seen one of the boys race this bike and win at mudgee NSW 2010 high roller tour was mega quick!

well done on the build thread karl keen to watch this page pumpin!!
Cheers Styv'o, I can't wait to see who gets to turn 1 first some day. I know after that all I'll see is your dust. But it's elbows out as the gate drops ;)

Cheers Styv'o, I can't wait to see who gets to turn 1 first some day. I know after that all I'll see is your dust. But it's elbows out as the gate drops ;)

im not really great at starts mate so ill take a back seat behind a holeshot anyday lol usually 2nd into the turn most times but i wil give it a good poke hahah yea will be every interesting hahah

Today I've been tinkering away in the shed (broken bones n all) putting my new black plastics on in anticipation for my sticker kit to arrive.
I one hand wheeled it out in the sun for some pics... I hope you enjoy the stealth look
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371440327.671831.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371440353.779547.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371440384.902014.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371440406.709460.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371440422.663923.jpg

what front brake asv lever is that? like crf250r or something? i keep bending/snapping the ones i have

Yeah mate it is exactly that crf250. I don't really like it and was planning on getting smaller ones

These better turn up tomorrow ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371468621.268957.jpg
I'm bringing a kinda retro hot rod vibe to the mini scene

Latest posts

Back