Keihin PE28 Baseline Jetting (yx160)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jono,

Glad it's getting close, and sorry it wasn't a drop-on and roost deal. I honestly despise carburetors. Your climate is so much different, adding to my bewilderment. lol Glad, too, you see the sweet response the carb gives. That's what makes them my favorite.

The fogging is normal, especially with a big cam like the YX comes with. The idle speed trick is one I use, turn it in a tad, and back out as soon as it lights. A hot-start button, like my 620EXC would be sweet as.

Lifan ORK is installed, and set about in the middle? Cam timing seems OK? Retarding the cam a tad may help with the reversion and add some power up top. Stock, they're all over the place. Maybe try the ignition a bit each way of center to see if it helps.

You are running the stock manifold? They slope the carb away from the engine, which may be part of the leaking. Needle and seat may still have some debris. It really shouldn't leak. I'd hate to hear it caught fire

I truly hope it behaves for your upcoming ride.

P.S. I only advise shed-revving for the already brain-dead. Greedy internal combustion engines take all the good air.:cheeky-smiley-031:

yep good to see its running better, 3 or more turns on mixture means bigger pilot jet needed.
should make starting easier too..

where have you got the needle set? leave it in middle setting while dialing in the pilot and mixture..

stupid question

where's the fuel leaking from?

i'd hate for it to be the drain hose???? (been done before i reckon)

also on the rubber boot from carb to maifold over tightening where you bolt to the manifold itself can deform the boot taking pressure off the o ring and create a leak something to keep an eye on

i agree with terry i really dislike carby's but this one is the best i've owned

I also have a pe28 on a yx 184 stock head,cam.at 700 above sea level any jetting suggestions?

I also have a pe28 on a yx 184 stock head,cam.at 700 above sea level any jetting suggestions?

This is gonna get messy... Here are my suggestions. Running the same setup i currently have a 42/120 setup. HOWEVER this is so rich that my last dyno session could not even register a air/fuel mixture until we removed the air filter all together, I now have just put a 116 main in it and are yet to test, but thats where i would be starting 42-40/116.

Cmon Timmy have some faith. lol

I'm so over the PWK and OKO carbs. OKO is alright but not big enough and PWK just sucks. Never had a nice running 184 setup yet.

Will be ordering 2 PE carb's soon enough.

This is gonna get messy... Here are my suggestions. Running the same setup i currently have a 42/120 setup. HOWEVER this is so rich that my last dyno session could not even register a air/fuel mixture until we removed the air filter all together, I now have just put a 116 main in it and are yet to test, but thats where i would be starting 42-40/116.

Ok I used a 40/115---still have a mid range bog,plus I noticed with the throttle steady I have a popping sound from exhaust. I am going to the TB v2 head and s35 cam any jetting suggestions for that setup.Thanks

sounds like the Main jet could still be a bit rich ?
have you tried the needle clip on the second notch down, or even the first notch ?

sounds like the Main jet could still be a bit rich ?
have you tried the needle clip on the second notch down, or even the first notch ?

No I not yet hard too tune a lot living in a apt top floor. But I will be putting on the V2 Head and 577 cam. Anyone running that with a PE28?

Ok I used a 40/115---still have a mid range bog,plus I noticed with the throttle steady I have a popping sound from exhaust. I am going to the TB v2 head and s35 cam any jetting suggestions for that setup.Thanks

Sorry bud, didn't read that first post correctly. I am running a V2 head and Taki S25D cam, reckon you'd want to aim somewhere between the 105 & 110 for the stock head.

Sorry bud, didn't read that first post correctly. I am running a V2 head and Taki S25D cam, reckon you'd want to aim somewhere between the 105 & 110 for the stock head.

Ahh its ok I will have the V2 Head and S35 cam in a few days. I will give it a shot then.
Also what de-comp do you guys think is better the Pitster pro or the frd ez de-comp?

Hmmm work well either way, the 3rd option is what i have, which is an auto-decomp built into the cam and cam gear. No buttons or levers ;)

if you bike is tuned right you wont need the decomp with an s35 cam

i only use mine cold and its button type

if you bike is tuned right you wont need the decomp with an s35 cam

i only use mine cold and its button type

Well even in stock form the YX 160 I Have was a bear to start kicked back all the time.Untill I retarded the timing on it.Now two kicks and she's off helped a lot

Well even in stock form the YX 160 I Have was a bear to start kicked back all the time.Untill I retarded the timing on it.Now two kicks and she's off helped a lot

The stock stator is **** in that regards, if you fit the lifan/daytona adjustable stator it'll fix it good and proper :)

yeah the yx one's where shockin for that

but alot of the time you can put it down to tuning of your carby if you have that spot on it shouldn't kick back it should fire

i've never had kick back issue's on my bikes well i've never done kickstart gears because of it.

Latest posts

Back