KTM 65 SMR

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome, looks like a lot of fun
you got pole position too, top skills there!

Nah qualified 2nd, this was race 2 or 3 where you start from the position you finished the race before!

Results for the day were:
Qual: 2nd
R1: 1st
R2: 1st
R3: 2nd
No points, feature races:
Reverse grid Race1: 2nd
Reverse grid, reverse direction; 1st
:beerglass:

The bike had a intermittant bogging issue that got better when dropped the carby bowl, but still came back in qualifying and race 3, so bad in race 3 that exiting turn 4 on lap 1 it bogged and ended up second last, but it never came back for the rest of the race. My main competitor fell off mid race and we ended up crossing the line very close, like 0.1, or something!!

The carby will be coming off for a more thorough clean before next time out!!

This is the track!!!!

wanners_zpsc08c2888.png

This guy was my main competition all day, he was picking up 2nd's when I won and winning when I was finishing 2nd. This was his first race day with us and his first visit to the track in the dry. He'll undoubtedly get quicker as the track knowledge grows. His name is Frankie and he's fresh out of Italy and been racing small bikes over there for years!!

Franki_zps6d6e97ad.png

Photo's can be found here:

Supermoto WA Championship 2014 Round 2 Set 1 - Andrew Tingle Photography

and here:

Supermoto WA Championship 2014 Round 2 Set 2 - Andrew Tingle Photography

Man that looks like fun, good results and looks like you have a new nemesis!

Wish we had somewhere close to do mini
motards!

Awesome pic mate. Loving the clip as well.

Very jealous you guys have such a good motard scene over there. We used to in Vic but kind of dissapeared now. :(

Yeah I know, I've ridden Dandy, Warnambool and Phillip Island (never got up to South Morang) and the scene was awesome three years ago!! The demise of SWMMC and Danny from PRB going OS has really hit hard over there!! Someone else needs to step up and get Dandy practice nights back off the ground or amalgamate/join up with a supermoto club as a group. Guarrantee them 5-10 new riders and a class and see what happens???

[edit] Or just move to Perth!!!! :D

i liked seeing the MX guys riding on the tarmac, feet out forward around the corners etc, nice work

Been thinking about this again. If could ride mid week at dandy under lights I would be keen as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been thinking about this again. If could ride mid week at dandy under lights I would be keen as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget our getting a bit long in the tooth mate, id be worried bout you hurting yourself.

Not too much going on with this now, except riding it!!! :applaudit:

Although I did go for a number swap:

200_zpsddb4e69f.jpg

Once this season ends I'll strip the engine down give it a new crank, 80cc Athena kit, Pipe, V-Force 3 reeds and a port job!!! :grinning-smiley-003

Latest posts

Back