KTM 65 SMR

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was mucking around with some stickers on the radiator louvers last night, turned out pretty good I think!! :D

IMG_0273_zpsaljbejs0.jpg

I got my minions sorted last night not as happy with the second one as the first, was too scared to run the sticker up over the chamfer on the flutes but hey, it adds a little colour to the area where there was none!!!!

IMG_0274_zps54czc5j6.jpg

IMG_0275_zpsnol9o7hx.jpg

IMG_0276_zpsn7drehc9.jpg

Also had the T-Piece arrive to plumb in the bottom hose to the right hand side radiator and got that all mocked up without clamps!!

IMG_0277_zpszgp6bdmz.jpg

IMG_0278_zps5zsvww6c.jpg

IMG_0279_zpscsv7kz2e.jpg

Now to pull it all apart again to put some paint on the RHS radiator mounts and the frame where it was buffed back for welding!!!

Ok so major and expensive derpage moment after posting above pics it seems I have been running the waterpump hoses @R$3 about for what must have been months now.

Thanks to a member of another forum for pointing it out, will post pics when I get to work on it next. But going through the older pics these hoses are the other way around at the water pump and it seems I've been forcing the water the up through the radiators rather than allowing gravity to help out.

IMG_0278_zps5zsvww6c.jpg

Problem now is once it's sorted it may well run cool in winter over here, I may have to tape one radiator, but it will be good insurance in our summers which can hit 40*c (over 100F). I'll have to monitor the temp gauge dependant on the weather and tape it up accordingly. I'm just glad that I have, well someone else has, found a solution, there's nothing worse than chasing your tail.

How embarrassment!!!! :hache:

Last edited:
Ok guys, here's how not to plumb your 65sx cooling system hoses!!! (cross)

IMG_0284_zpsz5bgpoce.jpg

And here's how they should look!!! (tick)

IMG_0285_zpsxxtdhlsp.jpg

Don't be as derpie as me, take notice of them before you go full bore pulling it to bits!!! :applaudit:

Awesome build mate, I've got a 2012 65 sitting here about to get into the build, good to see other members love them as much as I do. I got rid of my 2006 just last year. Wish there was a place to motard in Melb with these things. Some cool ideas and info man, where'd you get the orange engine bolts?

Subbed

Ben

eBay man!!!! I know it's a drive, but Bairnsdale Supermoto are trying to get a class happening!!! Also get in at South Morang!!

Sweet, I'll have to check it out. Good weekend hobby once the snow disappears lol

Ok, I'll just leave this here:

[video=youtube;IvphzA6EDG0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=IvphzA6EDG0&app=desktop[/video]

:bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch, that look's like a victory burnout gone wrong ?
Or a rear tyre warm up went bad

So after spanking it's backside the whole way off, it's time for a change!!! I've given her a new look for the State Championships next weekend!! Graphics to come!

41614c918590e6e1d8e14c23ef2f676e.jpg

036987f0c077034316c50b81c1562525.jpg

7efb7e5fafa7731fd677028d1bfad2ef.jpg

Latest posts

Back