KTM

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if i buy it and just order the $400 full rebuild kit and put it in what else could go wrong? Should be all good since everything is new right?
100% guaranteed engine wise gearbox, you never know till you ride it but is a cheap fix with only shimming required most of the time
then from there in just do top ends till the bottom end gets slop again.. i would go in a extra 50 - 70 and get gearbox bearings too

After looking up how to do a bottom end rebuild I've found that people uses many special tools for the job. Other than the flywheel puller are any of the other tools necessary?

I found a clean 03 yz125, fully rebuild and extremely low hours. how much would you say is a fair price?

I found a clean 03 yz125, fully rebuild and extremely low hours. how much would you say is a fair price?
1.5k - 2.3k to be honest anything that is more than 5 yrs old really drops in price..
when you buy it we gotta go for a ride before i sell my 125.. (will only have it a few weeks)

Hes not dropping from 2200 over text, I think he'll do 2000 when he sees cash infront of him.

its worth a shot, also look for the norm.. pitting on the shock and forks and cracks in the frame etc or even worse the cases

i'll add, welded on gear shift levers, welded to the shaft, and welded on kickstarters too, some people don't deserve to ride bikes.

^also when looking at a bike, i always check the chain tension and alignment. if the chain is excessively loose, then it can give you an idea of how its been treated. same with wheel alignment. if its out, u usually need to get a new set of chain and sprockets :(. and i agree: Alot of people dont deserve to ride bikes! i have mates that have kx's and they've absolutely trashed em! i had one guy turn up for a ride at my place with a flat, and he didnt even care !:cursing:

hmnn.. dunno about the looseness of the chain.. but just looking at the bike and talking how much its going to cost you to get back to tip top place is a good way to waste the sellers time and talk them down a bit

Nah, was too busy working on my pitbike, think ill just stick with the 160 for a while now that's it working again.

Yeah im kind of on the verge of just sticking with my rm 125.. the upkeep is similar on both bikes its just the riding style and where you can ride it (with smooth flow on the big tracks)

Latest posts

Back