KX85 or ATOMIK 250?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he is right i remember my CRF450 manual saying replace the piston and rings after 15hrs of race riding. it must be a honda manual thing.

valve, valve seats, cams etc are all anoying when it comes to 4 stroke maintainence. there is so many more moving parts and not everyone can do a 4 stroke rebuild themselves.

yeah honda thing for sure. i just looked thru a crf450 manual.. 15hrs is crazy.. never read anything like it..

pretty sure roost just got over 100hrs out of his crf250 top end.

have you not been listening???

its another one of these 'china vs jap' threads and there really pointless.
these bikes are completely different, the 85; a two stroke race bike, high in maintenance but also performance.
you will need to do a top end rebuild every few months no matter what. you can damage the expansion chambers easily witch can get expensive to replace if your trail riding. for jumping this would probably be the way to go though as it might actually take a decent jump... what kind of jumping do you plan on doing? ramps? MX table tops?
the 85 is only a midsize bike witch is completly different to the 250 being fullsized.
the 250; a chinese bike witch means high maintenance still with relatively low performance and lots of parts witch will regularly need to be replaced. unless you replace them with something decent. also the forks on these are rubbish even when tuned. so there not good for trail riding or jumping, and many wouldn't take them trail riding due to the possibility of failures and then having to walk 25k's back to the car....
the 250 being fullsized like i mentioned before is a completely different bike so it will depend on what type of riding you want to do and how big/old you are.
what experience do you have with riding? by the sound of things you've never owned a bike before?
might be best to start off with something different. such and a midsized bike and see what happens, see if you want to keep rding. ask your self do you want to stay on a midsize? or go to a fullsize? if you go to a fullsize it is probably best that you keep an eye out for a jap bike. or do you want to stay midsize or even go mini? then you could think about a crf50 or other 50 or try a revMX or be a copy cat and get an LXR ;)

brad,

now go make up your own mind. :)

Latest posts

Back