Lifan outer rotor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool as thanks for clearing that up for me
that would not of being helping the tests of the efi

both the cdi and ecu advancing the timing :eek:

ok tried a blue "racing cdi" box this arvo

60 degree's @ idle. has worse kick back than the irk cdi..
29 total @ and above 1/2 throttle

got a lifan ork cdi coming so im going to wire tht up to the yx ork

Tormentandglory has stated the advance rate of Lifan ORK's in quite a few threads both here and on Planet Minis ...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/23610-problem-starting-pit-pro-140cc-2.html

LF ORK's are not a straight fit into YX engines ... either their flywheel side crank arm is shorter OR their cases aren't cast/machined to Lifan/CRF specs ... making it necessary to machine the backing plate to allow for flywheel clearance ...

yeah crank is short. and correct, you have to machine the backing plate recess 3mm. but that is only for klx style yx engines, they are a direct fit on crf style yx's.

looks like his acted differently.. theres no way i could get 20 degrees at idle out of this lifan ORK. would of been nice to tho..

Thread digging abit here, but rather here than a new thread.

Gonna fit a lifan 150 ork to my Yx 160. I know I need to machine 3mm of backing plate, but what cdi do I need to use? Do I use the lifan 150 cdi or...? And where to do I adjust the timing to??

The reason I'm fitting it is that I get stupid amounts of kickback from the stock one, and not keen on grinding back the pickup tab, plus I have a lifan 150 ork already.

Any help please??

Latest posts

Back