LIFAN vs LONCIN Engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mates Loncin 107cc is gun, Runs sick as. keeps up with my 140cc nitrous and its non oilcooled electric start runs like a machine 107cc 3valve, so much bottom end think its a race engine

Loncin is way way better

Had to laugh when I first read this forum and here is why.
We have been selling Chinese engines way before the first Chinese dirt bikes even came to New Zealand or Australia.

In China, Loncin costs more to buy, almost 20% more than a Lifan engine and here is why.

The metal components and metal quality used in a Loncin engine is a higher grade, thus costing more to make. Loncin also have export quality engines ( higher grade again ) Lifan do not.. Lifan have just the one quality range, again this is why Lifan are cheaper to buy from the factory.

Originally my company was a Lifan dealer, the first in New Zealand, but after all the gearbox problems and having to fix under warranty, we dropped the Lifan contract and signed with Loncin. ( This was almost 12 years ago, things are probably better for Lifan now)

In 8 years of selling Loncins I have never had to fix a single one under warranty.
In 8 years I have sold 2 clutch units for original Loncins.

I still sell lots of Loncin parts to fix up Lifans.
Yes the quality is much better these days, but Loncin has a higher quality of production for the engines.
Loncin also spends more on RND and has their own race team.

We sponsor Loncin 150 bucket racers with our Loncin 150cc engines, and the engines will do over 20 hours of race time straight out of the box without fail.
Winning the Welliungton champs and endurance races.

So, to all those here saying Loncin is shit, I think you are mistaking clones ( cheap factory second knockoffs made from scrap parts), a real Loncin has the Loncin logo and also stamped on the cham gears and internal parts. Engine will also come with a certification.

Loncin wins hands down (original Loncin engines), I know, I've proven it many times.

Shane
Newmanz R/C Direct LTD
Welcome You To New Manz
HOME_PAGE_TITLE

Those Loncin 120's are STILL goin' strong nearly 3 years later ...

Had to laugh when I first read this forum and here is why.
We have been selling Chinese engines way before the first Chinese dirt bikes even came to New Zealand or Australia.

In China, Loncin costs more to buy, almost 20% more than a Lifan engine and here is why.

The metal components and metal quality used in a Loncin engine is a higher grade, thus costing more to make. Loncin also have export quality engines ( higher grade again ) Lifan do not.. Lifan have just the one quality range, again this is why Lifan are cheaper to buy from the factory.

Originally my company was a Lifan dealer, the first in New Zealand, but after all the gearbox problems and having to fix under warranty, we dropped the Lifan contract and signed with Loncin. ( This was almost 12 years ago, things are probably better for Lifan now)

In 8 years of selling Loncins I have never had to fix a single one under warranty.
In 8 years I have sold 2 clutch units for original Loncins.

I still sell lots of Loncin parts to fix up Lifans.
Yes the quality is much better these days, but Loncin has a higher quality of production for the engines.
Loncin also spends more on RND and has their own race team.

We sponsor Loncin 150 bucket racers with our Loncin 150cc engines, and the engines will do over 20 hours of race time straight out of the box without fail.
Winning the Welliungton champs and endurance races.

So, to all those here saying Loncin is shit, I think you are mistaking clones ( cheap factory second knockoffs made from scrap parts), a real Loncin has the Loncin logo and also stamped on the cham gears and internal parts. Engine will also come with a certification.

Loncin wins hands down (original Loncin engines), I know, I've proven it many times.

Shane
Newmanz R/C Direct LTD
Welcome You To New Manz
HOME_PAGE_TITLE

your probly right but theres no decent sized horizontal engines on the market. but most of the smaller quads these days have loncin engines in them and they seem to take a beating if looked after.
everyone goes the YX or zongshen KLX style engine these days as all the performance parts are for those engines..
also theres not really any of the smaller semi auto engines without e-start on the market over here...im sure there was at one stage tho..

lifan engines or any large crf bore pattern engines are really a thing of the past except for the daytona 150 engine and the smaller 88cc engines..

i dont know how much of a craze mini bikes are in NZ but over here theres probly as many mini bikes as is JAP mx bikes.. and most people are always looking at adding power...

so i guess until loncin bring out a klx style engine or a crf bore pattern engine in a usable configuration we will be buying the same engines.

oh and im pretty sure lifan engines also come with a certificate to prove its the real deal and to show quality control..

but its good to get some input from a member/business from NZ as we never really here much from over there..

Largest horizontal 4 stroke is 140cc with oil cooler, or the GY6 150-160 adapted to run a chain.
Yeah we tend to use the 125cc, everything else is vertical 150cc to 250cc for our bucket racers and Go-kart kits. 250cc air and water cooled version. CRF Honda copy stuff.
Zongshen are ok, they also have their own production race team.
Yes Lifan have certs but the build quality still is not as good as Loncin.
I go to the factories over in China about once every 3 years.
Last time, the government had shut down 70% of the clone engine factories that were producing those horribly unsafe Pitbikes and Dirtbikes, that is why now the build quality is much better because only a few companies are allowed to build them, just means the price has risen on them aswell.

I had a factory do a jump test on a 250cc ATV to see if it would survive.... it didn't. We built a 1.5meter ramp and had some factory worker drive the ATV off it at full speed, the guy was shitting himself. ATV landed and both front wheels folded up and broke off.

i like Loncin engine ,we use it on our ATV ,XCNT!

Last edited:
Largest horizontal 4 stroke is 140cc with oil cooler, or the GY6 150-160 adapted to run a chain.
Yeah we tend to use the 125cc, everything else is vertical 150cc to 250cc for our bucket racers and Go-kart kits. 250cc air and water cooled version. CRF Honda copy stuff.
Zongshen are ok, they also have their own production race team.
Yes Lifan have certs but the build quality still is not as good as Loncin.
I go to the factories over in China about once every 3 years.
Last time, the government had shut down 70% of the clone engine factories that were producing those horribly unsafe Pitbikes and Dirtbikes, that is why now the build quality is much better because only a few companies are allowed to build them, just means the price has risen on them aswell.

I had a factory do a jump test on a 250cc ATV to see if it would survive.... it didn't. We built a 1.5meter ramp and had some factory worker drive the ATV off it at full speed, the guy was ****ting himself. ATV landed and both front wheels folded up and broke off.

The debate on some engines using better metals than others is a never ending one and cant be proven. many Company's make these claims but have no evidence to back it up. As a consumer Lifan build quality is as good a quality as any other China engine.
As for the price goes here in Australia the prices of china bikes have fallen considerably over the last few years and the quality has risen without a doubt.

Latest posts

Back