LIFAN vs YX which is better

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the better motor Yx or Lifan

• Total voters

quincy

Reaction score
hey all. ok i have been going through this forum and i am torn between the 2 motors both the LIFAN and the YX. some are saying the Lifan is better and some are saying the Yx is better. but no one can actually tell me why they go for either. it seems to be debated but no one reall no's the answer.
does any one no?
give your opinions and why you think so.
this will also help people buying bikes.
thanks.

Last edited:
I thought u may want to see some of the specs side by side to compare them so here they are

engine-jump_edited-1.jpg
engine-jump_edited.jpg

Last edited:
thank you very much thump thats exactly the sorta info i am looking for.

still want people opinions. and guys vote away.
it can be just be your thoughts as well.

thanks.

on paper if im correct it looks like the yx 150 looks like the better motor.
correct me if im wrong.

what are people views.

depends what ya wanna ride

i find the yx 150 way to on or off and pretty unstable when riding loopy moto track there's not a great deal of useable torque through the rev range
i.e the power curve is pretty sharp
i dont like the irk either there hard to keep running the compresion doesn't allow for run on so they stall heaps

so it's the lifan for me as it's pretty torqy right from the bottom and with good tuneing it revs out pretty hard

and i like the oil filter idea it works pretty good

with both motors because of the power there's always going to be g/box issue's depending on how hard ya ride em but that will happen in any motor i spose but the yx 160 at 10:1 will be a bitch on kick start gears to

has anyone got dyno charts on both motors that will give a good idea of the atributes of both motors maybe

but i'm happy with mine and it's 2 months old and had a few pretty hard rides in the mud reving out

thanks guys keep them comming.
yeh would love to see a dyno sheet on them.

also are there any of the 150 with start in any gear, cause you can only put the irk on start in any gear g/box's cant you.

also which 140 bikes have these motors in start in any gear. Does the DHZ 140? because it is only stated as a N1234 all up on ebay

cheers. keep them coming guys.

They are all start in any gear but the lifan 150 has an outer rotor kit so theres no need for the irk

yx140s smoke lifan 140s stock and modified
if u can do it to the lifan 140 u can do it to the yx140

One thing I want to know is what is it that makes the YX 4kgs lighter than the Lifan?

maybe cuz the lifan 150 have the oil filter and all the etc.

and why does the YX150 have a weird shaped head like the cam cover goes on a angle and the lifan 150 head is just like the YX140 engine?

we have 4 of the 140cc motors 1 stock yx with irk, 1 mildly worked lifan (big valves, hi comp piston, cam), 1 stock lifan with irk and 1 totaly stock lifan.
the lifans make the better dirt motors because of the better power spread this equals easyer to ride.
But the yx makes a better motard motor due to it's willingness to rev.
But it will be interesting to see the worked lifan with a irk fitted I think that it may be at least equal to the yx for motard and posibly even better.
all our motors use 26mm OKO
This is all just my opinion

Saber

lifan 140cc done me heaps good after all ive put it through 4th gear for ages on the track thrashing the cunt ouf my bike, i blew the rings and a gasket once, ran like ass for a wile, then after a wile ran soo good almost as good as what it did before. for 140cc i rekon its the best.

the 140 worked off it's tits doesn't even come close to the lifan 150

as for the yx unstable as ive said previosly

but the lifan if you have good throtle control it will be good for dirt and really good for motard with the long gear ratio in the box

yeah there's only one thing you gotta control on a crf and thats pinned all the way

ooo if where only so easy

Here's a YX150 Dyno chart .... they test it with a 28 mm Keihin PWK , 28 mm Keihin PE and a 26 mm OKO ..... The chart shows the claimed 16HP to be false BSHP ....... :p

yx150ccdynoyu3.jpg

the 140 worked off it's tits doesn't even come close to the lifan 150

cough cough...well my lifan140(153cc) runs a tat better then our 150....;) but if I had to put that much cash and effort in a engine I would get an yx160 and be done with it:p

i beat a lifan 150cc on a straight drag race, stretching 4th and beat it same sprocket sizes, and shit. even on the creek with turns though ti had more bottom end then mine but i beat it still

^^^^ Yeah ok then mxb. It doesnt matter what bike there on coz u are just the best rider around and ur bike is just too quick.:D

Cactus who did the dyno on the YX? Have u got a dyno sheet from any Lifans?

Cheers;)

yeh I_thump maybe i am as i ride everyday unlike yous and wait for the weekend i get all the practise i can, and it was a dmx 150cc aswell mate. just prooves that bike value means shit, $2grand vs $760 and i win.

Latest posts

Back