liljohn's 146cc chinga

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bolt shank is 200mm long, that would be awesome mate, ill get in contact with the company again through here and see if they have any interest in helping me..

okay ill check on monday, let me know if you have any luck with them.

Just drilled out the stripped screw in the oil slinger to find a nice surprise.
20130112_165328.jpg
now i just need to cut up a socket and undo the slinger nut.... fun and games!

Alot of people disagree but done right a fat flat head screwdriver and a hammer and a few well guided strikes and she's loose, I do it a bit but if you are unsure and not confident than don't attempt.

Thanks for the tip, I gave it a quick go when i was fiddling, I hit it twice and didn't move, I will get my brother to try when he comes down for work monday. I may need a better screwdriver or just use a punch..
If he cant then a couple minutes with a grinder and a socket then ill be able to hit it with a rattle gun.

Thanks for the tip, I gave it a quick go when i was fiddling, I hit it twice and didn't move, I will get my brother to try when he comes down for work monday. I may need a better screwdriver or just use a punch..
If he cant then a couple minutes with a grinder and a socket then ill be able to hit it with a rattle gun.[/QUOTE

] http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/clutch-basket-oil-sling-remover-honda-crf50-thumpster-engines/TOOL-04

This tool has a half inch ratchet connector in the middle mate, at work we remove the tip off the impact screwdriver and it exposes a half inch socket fitting and install a ratchet extension on the impact screwdriver and go for it.

Alot of people disagree but done right a fat flat head screwdriver and a hammer and a few well guided strikes and she's loose, I do it a bit but if you are unsure and not confident than don't attempt.

ive done this a few times works a treat! shhhhhh! don't tell!

havent forgot ya mate, just forgot to look at work, tomoz ill check:)

So these are the 3 10mm axles we have.
20130117_105851.jpg

20130117_105835.jpg

20130117_105814.jpg

let me know if you need one.

Cheers mick i only just seen this, Ill double check the length and let ya know.
Still havent tried again to get my slinger nut off...mainly cause im too lazy and sidetracked at the moment..

So i had my last argument for now with the oil slinger nut, It wouldnt come off so i'm going to see how the stock springs hold up..

Got into the top-end work this arvo, Put my HC piston in and my z40 cam and h/d springs and stator backing plate.

The valve springs were a handful without the right size spring compressor. I ended up using a 14mm spanner and levering off the inside of the head, It took a while but did the trick.

I had to drive the old cam out with a punch.
My intake port was nice and dirty..

The screws that hold the stator backing plate don't fit the ORK backing plate, I'm guessing allen key bolts are the way to go?

Also my exhaust rocker arm doesn't want to move by hand but it moves fine with the rotation of the cam anyone had this before?
20130203_160927.jpgHead on bench.jpgold cam on bench.jpgIntake valve out.jpgBarrel off.jpgOld vs new pistton.jpgORK backing plate.jpgTopend back on.jpg

Looks good mate, so the rocker will not pivot on the rocker pin by hand but will move wuth the rotation of the cam? If so id say the rocker and rocker pin have had some heat in them and may need replacing, but if the pin slid inside the rocker fine then maybe its just dry, but you would of oiled those before installation?

yea i lubed it up but it wasnt easy to slide in i had to persuade it to go in even though it came out fine, it appears (hard to see) to me as if the exhaust rocker arm is touching the valve spring retainer after installing the heavy springs.
Can i just grind a little bit away from the rocker arm so it clears?
not like they need to be balanced really.

Id maybe take a tad off the retainer more so than the rocker arm if possible, I have seen some broken rocker arms, but if you can't get enough off the retainer to clear than id take as little as possible from the rocker, but its strange as it should clear, you can't get a piece of paper between where you think they touch just to confirm it is touching?

i tried to get a piece of paper through and couldn't, Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the retainer and rocker arm would meet?
Also i have to get a new barrel now as mine is damaged-it has knicks down the bottom of the bore below the ring line at bdc, might run it, see what happens and get a new kit when it fails

Is there a flatspot on the rocker where it runs on the cam lobe, are you having the same prob with both rockers/retainers?

No flatspot from what i could tell when i had it apart, I'll have to check the rocker when i get a chance to tear it down again, It's only the exhaust rocker.

Well i pulled it apart again and nothing appears to be worn/damaged at all so now i need a new lifan 23/27mm head, anyone know where to get one cheap? also need 4 oil slinger screws and new swingarm bearings/bushes

Cheers. Marky

Latest posts

Back