liljohn's 146cc chinga

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just disassembled the topend again and the rocker moves freely without the z40 cam in there but as soon as i put the cam back in it just freezes up..what would cause this?

I have another head off a 150 and a couple other pieces coming in the next week or so and im hoping that the cam/springs just drop in and all is sweet,
If all goes as planned might finally get a ride on it in a few weeks.

Heres hoping mate, ill get that head posted asap with the other goodies, its a complete head so i hope this will help the rocker/retainer issue your having.

No worries mate, Yea it should do the trick if not then it's gpx160 time haha
how shes sitting20130310_125058.jpg20130310_125111.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks mark, i did the same on my 155z when the cam chain stretch got so bad the timing went out and destroyed a valve and valve guide.
20120827_105205.jpg

Not wrong, the HD valve spring didnt like it either mate.

Haha geez mick that looks pretty bad, I havent damaged anything else really just a worn valve stem but atleast i have a reason to why it wasnt working right, Yea i think i might need a new cam chain or suss out why it doesnt have full tension when i put the other head on cause i don't want to break more parts.

I got another head and swingarm bolt and slinger screws today. Cheers mick.
Also i took my swingarm bearings out because they were seized and they freed up when i removed them.
They don't actually fit back in the hole they came out of..Well i can get them in with a lot of force but the bearing cases distort and lock up, So now i have to sit down with a die grinder and reshape the holes carefully so that the bearings fit in properly.

I made a tool to remove the oil slinger nut this evening so i can hopefully install my clutch springs, It looks dodgy as but it should work. Pics tomorrow

i got a piece of pipe close enough and used a hacksaw and angle grinder to cut to shape then used a TC bit in a drill on the inside so it could fit over the nut and then welded a 1/2 drive socket into the back for the rattle gun.

Get a pic of the tool mark, hope it works for you buddy.

Started working on the head today, Started by stripping it then lapping the valves and installing h/d springs then i went to whack the cam in and it is the wrong cam..Goddammit
So now i need to order another cam to fit the 150 head or maybe just use stock 150 cam depending on it's specs.
20130319_160846.jpg
Told you its dodgy as haha

Attachments

• 20130319_171838.jpg
    20130319_171838.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
Did a bit more today now i gotta wait on bushes/bearings for the swingarm to arrive.
finished the engine today, the tool i made for the slinger worked so i installed 2 H/D clutch springs and left 2 standard. Also put on the carby, gear lever, kickstart lever, pegmount, exhaust, protapers and tag grips
20130320_134358_zps00a5a8b2.jpg

20130320_133449_zps941eb8fe.jpg

20130320_133508_zps4de20c41.jpg

20130320_102439_zps1493b602.jpg

20130320_102418_zpsefadb143.jpg

Thats bad luck about the cam mark, how did the head scrub up mate? It looks the goods on there

Yea ohwell its my fault for not checking what cam a 150 took, I didn't actually clean the head at all it was pretty clean apart from the bottom but that gets covered in crap anyway, just lapped valves, Checked for leaks, And whacked the springs in then on she went.
It all went together without any real dramas, And my cam tensioner is working properly again.

All good then mate, yeah that engine was quite clean and in very good nick still.

Yea i could tell by the condition of the cam and valve seats that it was a low hours donk, It didnt need lapping i just did it cause it was already apart.

Latest posts

Back