liljohn's 146cc chinga

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its worth doing anyway mate, Hope it all goes to plan from now on in.

Yea it should be smooth sailing once i get the swingarm bearings to fit without seizing up when they're pressed in. Gotta take the hole out with a die grinder a little bit at a time so i don't make it sloppy.

Took the die grinder to the swingarm today and got the bearings to fit in..
Now i have to file down the swingarm spacers to fit the hole, I already have one filed down. Took about an hour or so but i still have to do the other one then press them back out and shorten them up and put them back in.20130325_173341.jpg20130325_173300.jpg20130325_173310.jpg

Looking good mark, did you do a measurement as the spacers may need some meat left on them to fill the void if there is some gap between the swinger insides and frame. Looking good bud.

Cheers mate, Nah i didn't think of measuring but i will now, i was just guna put a shim or 2 in there if it had any movement haha.

grab yourself a 1mm thick cutting disc for your 4" angle grinder, Bunnings have them for under $2.
then if the bush is say 8mm too thick, carefully cut off 5mm or 6mm with the angle grinder, then file the last bit back to suit.

Got busy this morning and cut the bushes down with the angle grinder then put them in and made them flush with the flapper disc, Then fitted up the swingarm and used excessive amounts of grease, The old shock for now and the wheel back on, Put the tank on, Fresh oil n magnetic bolt and fired it up and it sounds alright apart from it's erratic idle and the fact i have no idea how to do timing on an ORK haha, I forgot to take any pics while i was working on it but I'm uploading a video and ill snap some pics of it all together soon.

Here's a video of it idling up and down not sure if it's leaking air or not but i made new gaskets and it has the boot on the throttle cable so it shouldn't be.

I went to put the fastace rear shock in this morning and it doesn't fit between the subframe, Like the spring collar/spring is too wide for my frame. Goddammit

Cant slide it down thru the subframe from the top, or does the collar sit on the frame no matter what.

Tried upside down and it's still the same,The problem is that the spring is too wide(6-7mm) to fit through the gap in the subframe, The only way it is going to fit is by modifying my subframe so i think im going to heat up the subframe and bend the lower arms till the fastace fits in there

So now ontop of having to squish the lower bars on the subframe i now have to move the upper shock mount out 8-10mm also so it can clear the frame
20130406_151446.jpg
20130406_151450.jpg

That sucks mate, im gonna put all the blame squarely on the fastace as i dont like them and there bloody trouble makers.

Well i've decided that at this point in time i can't afford to spend anymore money on it so once i put a chain roller on I'm just going to put it back together with the old shock. Ride it and see how it goes and if i don't like it then its back in the shed until i have money.

with the shock mounting,
would it fit if the bottom mount of the shock was 10 or 15mm further forward or further back
?
if so you might be able to use something like this-
fit one of the 3 holes into the swingarm bracket to offset the shocker forwards or backwards a bit.
i dont know if the width etc will fit, but you could always make something...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KEEWAY-F...s_13&hash=item3f076dcbbc&_uhb=1#ht_1593wt_906

That's not a bad idea except for the extra height that will give me in the rear, But you've given me an idea for a starting point to custom make one that wont change the height though, Cheers.

If you can weld or know someone that can the easiest thing to do is just cut the top mount off bolt it to the shock put a spacer between the shock and frame for clearance, see where the mount then falls which will be about 30/40mm back and re weld, easy. If you got it all ready and prepped ready, a metal fabricator or exhaust shop would do it for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well I've been a bit side tracked so the bike's been crammed in the back shed for the last month, i finally picked up the mig so i can put a chain roller(skateboard wheel) on it. I have given up on trying to fit the fastace as its too much modification so ill just buy a shock that fits when funds allow me to do so.

Finally got the sad sack out for a ride and it goes alright, No airleaks yet it still idles up and down and stalls out when it wants (only at idle though)so im going to adjust the float height and play with the pilot jetting some more to see if it helps as it runs beautifully in the top end. If that doesn't help then I'm out of ideas for the moment

Latest posts

Back