LXR Anima 190FDX Build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with it all nick and we will all be eyes wide open to hear about the 190.

yeah the needle is a CGL. I use a 1500mm long uni filter that is 15 degree angle. I chosed the long one because i have heard the normal uni filter limit the air flow..

Nick, i think the guys down here are running the same needle as you have, shouldn't be a problem. I've only spoken to one guy who wants to change needle to the Daytona spec one. You will be ok with the needle you have I reckon. Daytona DO have a carb adaptor, I've seen it with my own eyes.

Do you have a picture of the right intake boot thats made for the carb? Daytona say they dont have one..

Cheers mate ive ordered a manifold similar to that one but the one a made up works really nicely so I doubt I'm going to change it...

I'll take a look at the jetting chart as well thanks 4 that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Well an update .... DHZ never rang me back and yeah i was sort of expecting that but anyway im gonna run it with whats in it now 42/125 CGL needle ..

The new uni filter showed up today its a 55mm neck 100mm long and the ridiculous one DHZ sent me was 60mm neck 150mm long .... it might work on a bigger bike but on the LXR i don't think so .

I took some pics to show a comparative of the 2 different filters :

Damn that long uni is plain ugly on the bike, even if it was the one to use i would have to change it for sure.

Damn that long uni is plain ugly on the bike, even if it was the one to use i would have to change it for sure.

Yeah tell me about it Mick the thing is huge ! if it was a tad smaller it might have been alright but Im gonna stick with my 100mm long uni and keep it oiled and clean all the time which i always have done anyway ..

So she finally lives although it took me 50000000 kicks with no success i eneded up getting my brother to clutch it down the road and she fired up finally after a few hours of swearing and getting super angry !

Its got a 42 pilot 125 main but its super duper rich i had to turn the idle screw in almost all the way to keep it going and black smoke was puffing out the pipe and my eyes were stinging the mixture screw didn't do much either but anything off idle was insane the thing has ALOT of power its like no other pitbike I've ever ridden even running rich as a mofo 1st 2nd 3rd she wheelies without hesitation and so snappy ! it sounds like a god damn 450 I'm so happy with the power !!

I only went around my block twice before my fellow neighbours were shaking there fists in disgust lol so it was time to put it away ......

Ive re-adjusted the float height it was throwing fuel out the overflow sometimes cleaned the whole carby out still the same so then i chucked in a 40 pilot , re-checked the valves etc but haven't re-tested it yet I'm hoping it will start with the kickstart now no more pushing it down the street ..... i have no idea why it was stupid rich though the jets Daytona recommend are a 42 / 125 ??? you could literally taste the fumes coming out the pipe it was that strong and my pipe is supper black inside not to mention the plug came out super charcoal black full of soot too ..... hmmmm dunno whats up with that !

May need a smaller idle jet again lol, have a quick play with the needle settings to dude.

May need a smaller idle jet again lol, have a quick play with the needle settings to dude.

Hey Mick i had a go at the needle settings and found going one clip leaner cleaned up the rev ranger even more before i changed out the pilot from a 42 to a 40 but with the 42 its almost impossible to start and once she's going its blowing clouds of black eye watering soot out of the pipe on idle.... but anything off idle its sweet so defiantly a pilot jet issue

Sweet nick sounds like ya onto it bud, thing i have learned about jetting is whats good for one bike isnt necessarily the same for another, i got bagged a lil once cause some thought my choice in downsizing a main from what it was stock made no sense, but it only needs to make sense to me and due to the style of riding i do(i.e hills, tight trails) it worked a charm.

It's rich because of the needle, same thing happening on other bikes, but they LOVE to be revved with that set up.

It's rich because of the needle, same thing happening on other bikes, but they LOVE to be revved with that set up.

yeah it revs like an animal and has tons of power once you get above a quarter throttle but ya cant kick it over its way too rich it literally floods the bike out straight away so I've gone 2 sizes smaller on the pilot to a 40 see it it clears up some

Put the PE28mm back on with the recommend jetting etc now she runs spot on it is really like night and day between the 150 and 190 I'm pulling sky bound wheelies with no problem in 3rd gear . Ive got enough power now.... i was defiantly looking for more as my riding skill have improved a lot over the past 12 months I've been getting into it almost every weekend and I've found the answer with the 190 !

So far its only had about 10 mins runtime and now im confident its ready to ride ill go give it a reasonably hard run in session next sat with the gopro3 on board

Awesome lad awesome, I can't wait to see and hear this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Are you still gonna run the 33pwk or just use the pe28? Tuff bike btw, thinking of gettin the same engine for my LXR.

Hey.
I tested the bike more this weekend. You should try a 117 main- and a 40 pilot yet, worked alot better than 125/42

Are you still gonna run the 33pwk or just use the pe28? Tuff bike btw, thinking of gettin the same engine for my LXR.

Yeah i will do some more testing with it once ive got the bike run in 100% i dont really wanna mess around with jetting and tuning issues until then ... its working 100% spot on now with the PE28 ... seems to have loads more torque with the PE28mm ... but im putting that down to the pwk33 not being anywhere close to perfect

Hey.
I tested the bike more this weekend. You should try a 117 main- and a 40 pilot yet, worked alot better than 125/42
Cheers mate ill give it a shot once its run in with the PE28mm don't wanna mess around trying to dial in the pwk until I've put a tank or so of fuel through the new motor next weekend ... with the 42 / 125 setup it was so rich it wouldn't kick over without clutch starting the bike then it wouldn't idle and just puffed clouds of black soot out of the tail pipe holding the throttle cracked 1/4 turn

Latest posts

Back