Lxr Build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wogtaz ryder

Reaction score
Hmmm

Thought i would start a thread so it mite motivate me to spend some money on me bike...

Plans are to just make it reliable and problem free.

Decent Bearings ALL around. (Hubs , Linkage etc) Maybe Ceramic bearings through the bottom end as i heard that can increase power surprisingly.

A new throttle that has a little better feel to it.

decent levers/perch's sick of the china crap.

PMP Alloy sprocket from the U.S . (Gold)

Anodize hubs *edit .. scrap that lol
Black Excels
Custom 9gauge oversized Buchanan spokes /ss nipples (Y)

Probably wont bother with the Pc pipe just yet as i could probably get all the above for that money.....
Mite try a Akunar oval tipped muffler on the stock header for a little better look
*well akunar cant do what i want ..
Next pipe on the list (custom Carbon fibre yoshi klx exhaust modded to fit)

For Suspension..
Want to get the forks/shock revalved and serviced with new oil etc if i can find a place that will do it.

Maybe pc the stock spring something.
And also would like to pc the swinger black * edit , maybe not now.

Engine...

Well now its fast as shit but power is good.

Want to go the Tm28mm mikuni flatty
And a 64mm Bore = 177cc
So it should break 20hp

*edit ..(scrap all that stuff , ive got a Klx110 engine coming bitches! Stroker crank , Kitaco SE Head/143 cylinder = 155cc , Taky 6-disc clutch with polished cover , taky close ratio 4-speed with quick shift , Chp output shaft , starter boss removed with Rear facing manifold ... OMG OMG OMG)

Any suggestions on what else i should do? .

What i should anodize/powdercoat?

Once i start spending on this thing i shouldn't stop .

So keep reminding me because ive wanted to do this since i bought it :p

Here is how it sits

24022010369.jpg

24022010365.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice build.. Gold, white and black should look sweet.

That front rim looks huge though haha..

if you were to replace all bearings with ceramic bearings that would cost so much it would not be funny but from what i have heard they are easy to shatter but i cant gurantee im right on that tho so dont hold ya breathe

Heres some quotes if your not a member.

firepower354 said:
A buddy's 19HP 124 +R and 15HP 106, both with ceramic bearings and polished gears throughout, made a believer out of me.

smrmx said:
guy from the company told me on a 250f they got almost 3 hp extra from it.

HACKMUNCH said:
used them in my 17hp 50cc 2 stroke pocketbike engine i built in 2005. im a believer.

woggy, theres a guy up at beerwah that services and mods bike suspension. im not certain if the does pit bikes but he does kx 65s and sht so may be worth a try.. Search results for MPE Suspension in beerwah - Yellow Pages®

oh and if yr gonna sell off yr rims, hit me up, ill grab em straight off ya

Cheers me brothers 250 is done by them , does nice work . ill have to ask around if they will do a mini .

Ive got about 3 places lined up.

Sweet as i will do , gotta find a price for some excels mite suprise me a little .

I have the orig rear wheel here to if you mite be keen for just that.

Just going the rims themselves , the hubs are better then needed and i reckon the spokes are to.

Ktm 65 hoops should go straight on . gotta find a price for them.

Cheers dread . im getting excited thinking about it . and there will def be videos.

why thank u pete

Got a price for Black excels.

about $300 for the set sent to me . pretty good price.
Then theres anodizing the hubs and getting the wheels trued ... could end up over $500

Anyone got ideas of what i should do first?

Not going to do it all at once.
Thinking about $500 for my first installment.

either the rims and anodizing ..

or spend it more on personal preference kind of things .. hmmm

Last edited:
so you can't get the hubs you need anodized from excel? Or ?

No they dont have a replacement to fit .. could get one of theres to work (kx65 front has been done , but the rear is to wide to be centred , think people have said ktm 65's would be the go) .. but why bother the lxr hubs are as quality as china gets .

And ill be getting a PMP sprocket made up to so the sprocket holes will be the RIGHT size so the sprocket problem will be solved.

And the stock hubs look pretty puurty all anodized up. :)

SPEEDFREAK693 Picture. << he has a VERY nice bike mite i add.
PICT0647.jpg

PICT0642.jpg

And nice blue ones (Y)
wheelsblue.jpg

what do you mean lol...

I dont have a plan really.. whatever i can afford i will probably do .

Right now i dont want to spend more then around 500 . because i got blackduck to sign up to and need to get another car and what not..

Then after that is sorted i will slowly get everything else i want.

So far i got Roost getting me New wheels/linkage bearings .

im still not at home for another 2-4 weeks so not gonna be any update pictures for a while :)

mm i would go other things then rims.. the LXR ones should do yeh? maybe go a little bling here and there... pegs, bar clamps.. suspension tuning.. i donno.. like r u really gonna bend the LXR ones.. i understand if you wanna do it to stop the sprocket problem tho. maybe try jap bike rims instead of full aftermarket ones. like KX65 or 65SX

Latest posts

Back