LXR vs REVOLUTION MX TTR 155z

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i could be bothered , it would be good idea to test the airbox as it come stock , and then add a uni filter on the end of the pipe and sit it in the air box under the seat.

The reason i said it was crap is when i pulled it down the pipe had noticeable dust throughout the hole pipe. it looked bad and i pulled it off and just ran a uni filter...

BUT i wonder if i ran the uni on the end of the tube if there would still be dust through it ? even if there was you would have to think it would be a better setup then straight carby mounted surely?...

When the filter is mounted straight to the carb , all that dust will be going straight in leaving no evidence if it does let dust through , if you get me.

So the airbox mite of stopped more dust then a regular filter mounted straight on the carb . but theres only 1 way to find out and i cbf lol i have several uni filters so i am happy to swap them over every ride , easy enough.. another thing was its just a pain to clean the filter in the airbox and to get to it.

The best thing would be a quality uni filter mounted to the pipe and placed inside the airbox under the seat. especially if you ride trails and are going through water/mud alot .

I think that is a good wogtaz I will put it on the end of the air box pipe has any one heard of the braaap maestro Vegas they say it has tuned suspension and 200cc moter that is pumping out 20hp plus
and a 240mm or 250mm disk on the front I think it has a over sized master cylinder 2

Yer , waste of money....... what did i hear like $4500 or something ridiculous?

If its still a crf50 stye midsize complete waste of money..

The 200cc motor would still be running stock head so i doubt it would see 20hp.

Brakes are awesome on the lxr and ttrs so thats no big deal either..

Yer , waste of money....... what did i hear like $4500 or something ridiculous?

If its still a crf50 stye midsize complete waste of money..

The 200cc motor would still be running stock head so i doubt it would see 20hp.

Brakes are awesome on the lxr and ttrs so thats no big deal either..

well the artical does say, roller rockers and big valves... so sounds like a v2 to me... just braaap would NEVER admit they didn't invent the head themselves

but yea $4500 for a WAY WAY out of date bike is insane... bring on the LXR's revMX's and CINI 175's! and for half the price ;)

the rev mx and lxr have the same frame and motor wise same the only difference is the forks and plastics on the lxr otherwisee the rev is the samee and goos just as hardd

the rev mx and lxr have the same frame and motor wise same the only difference is the forks and plastics on the lxr otherwisee the rev is the samee and goos just as hardd

Lol not quite mate, frames aren't the same, wheels forks shock levers exhaust plastics swingarm Arnt the same. I cbf listing the rest

psto makers of pitser

Hey wonder how many of you have seen the new psto range. They come from shuopu who are the makers of pitsters. the tl160 is the same bike as lxr without pister branding and more affordable. $2500 for an lxr bargain. the revmx has alot of small issues like most cheaper brands. eg the forks are to short in my opinion. DD
When i get my ptso i will review for you all. ride on DD

Psto TL160

Hi epod

Two of our TB Parts sponsored riders this year are riding PSTO TL160's, Mike Reefman (Vic) and Greg Stevens (NSW), both have been testing out the stockers and we are just about to get on the dyno to finish the new race engine set-up.

If you like I can put you in touch with Reefy and he can answer any questions that you may have about them in stock form, he has been playing with a stock bike for a few weeks and has the tuning and suspension sorted. Reefy has been helping us with TB Parts research and development since Sept 2009 and is a whizz at setting up bikes.

Check with Rusty about their recommended retail price for the PSTO TL160.

Please note that we do not play favourites with any one brand of bike as we will also be supporting 3 x LXR riders from Queensland this year as well.

Cheers

Jaimie

Last edited:
Frames are actually different on the psto then the pitsters , but i believe everything else is the same , havnt had a look at them for a while.

Talking about psto's "Top" model , with the same hubs/wheels etc.

Thanks jAMIE

cHEERS mate i was at mikes place a while ago helping with the brotherhood test shootout. Seting up a fast bike is no problem for me either, but i am definatley interested to know what settings mike is running on suspension before I get my new bike. Looks like i now have an x4 pitster for sale with TB head running akunar valves and 63mm barrel 57mm stoke with new crank when i rebuild it. asking about $1800 ride on DD

yeah frames are different as are the forks as well..
basically anything on the LXR that is GPX/pitster branded cannot be used on the psto..
theres a couple of extra's missing on the tl160 too..
no twin coolers
no caliper or master guards
probably some other items too..

i havent had a chance to test a tl160 myself yet but im guessing there going to be pretty good..
one thing i question is the forks tho.. but they could just be de-branded gpx's with different legs..

Latest posts

Back